Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/24/14 06:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with speakers not working  (Read 1219 times)
WarrenW

Awards
« on: 10/01/10 01:26 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my 2003 Avalanche Z71 which I LOVE!!!  It has a stock cd stereo in it and the grills on the front doors say BOSE. The back speakers only work and not that well. Nothing coming out of the front doors or the tweeters near the windshield. I have read some people have a stock amp in their console already. How can I tell this? And why would all of the front speakers not be working? Think someone messed with the wiring? I'm probably going to take it somewhere and let them put a whole new system in but that will be much later when I have some funds to put into it.

Thanks!

Warren
Ironman8

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/01/10 02:25 PM »

I've noticed that my front left speaker doesn't work SOMETIMES and my back speakers are very low...I had a guy look at them but he couldn't find anything...
stogen
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

is that goat pee ,no its goat gatorade.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/01/10 03:31 PM »

its the factory conectors cut them off and put new ones i had the same problem now evry thing works

black claded 03 z71 magnaflow dual exhaust, leveled,rancho 9000xl shocks cusom made brush guard , amber drls, viper alarm, 20" eagle alloy rims on bfg ta/ko 285/55/20..MSD wires,  k&n 77 series cold air intake, gmt 900 brake mod, Blackbear tune.. (2012 silvy waiting to be modded!!!)
avalanched2004

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/14/10 07:02 AM »

factory connectors to the speakers?
stogen
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

is that goat pee ,no its goat gatorade.

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/14/10 04:17 PM »

ya, theres little conecters that conect the wire to the speaker cut them off and put yer own on ,mine were all coroded witch made them work some times. but now it works perfect.

black claded 03 z71 magnaflow dual exhaust, leveled,rancho 9000xl shocks cusom made brush guard , amber drls, viper alarm, 20" eagle alloy rims on bfg ta/ko 285/55/20..MSD wires,  k&n 77 series cold air intake, gmt 900 brake mod, Blackbear tune.. (2012 silvy waiting to be modded!!!)
TXSZ66AVLANCHE

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/15/10 12:20 PM »

The door speakers go bad too, the doors are not as moisture proof as you would think they would be.

2003 Suburban-GMT900 Brakes, BB Tuned, Dual Batteries, DL3 Mirrors , E-Fans, Eibach Sway Bars
2003 Silverado- Ranch Hand Push Bars, Work Horse and guinea pig
2004 Avalanche- LS1 5.7, GMT900 Brakes, BB tuned, Efans, Leveled, Dual Batteries, Painted Door Handles, Detroit TrueTrac, Eibach Sway Bars
2005 Silverado RCSB- Currently Stock
1995 S10- Race Truck In Progress!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: