• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Issues with speakers not working

WarrenW

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my 2003 Avalanche Z71 which I LOVE!!!  It has a stock cd stereo in it and the grills on the front doors say BOSE. The back speakers only work and not that well. Nothing coming out of the front doors or the tweeters near the windshield. I have read some people have a stock amp in their console already. How can I tell this? And why would all of the front speakers not be working? Think someone messed with the wiring? I'm probably going to take it somewhere and let them put a whole new system in but that will be much later when I have some funds to put into it.

Thanks!

Warren

I've noticed that my front left speaker doesn't work SOMETIMES and my back speakers are very low...I had a guy look at them but he couldn't find anything...

ya, theres little conecters that conect the wire to the speaker cut them off and put yer own on ,mine were all coroded witch made them work some times. but now it works perfect.

Back