• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Nelson PCM

05Guy

SM 2010
Well I was going to have a Hp tune done this week, but the shop called me and said they would be unable to help me, something about the program, OK, that being said .... I called Nelson this morning spoke the a young lady named Erica, and they had one ready to go just needed my Vin to make some adjustment, It is already on it way to my house $311.00 with the shipping, she state it should like a plug and play, It could throw a check Eng light, she says it not a be deal just a fast reset and my buddy has a snap-on code trouble shooter, she says he will be able to reset it,,,, so will see,,,, :B:

Well what I'm looking for and what they actually do that's the real ???????

What I'm looking for is more torque, more top end, better mpg...my truck seems to be a little sluggish out of the hole, they said that will be all gone, plus a tighter shifting pattern,,, just a few more days,,,,, :B:

Try a search on the site  "nelson tune" include the quote marks

What they told me it could be a possibility that I would need a relearn, but they doubt it ... we'll see just a few more days

ms38w said:
How do you do that?  Isn't it built in to the tune?  Maybe that's why mine has a little sputter :rolleyes:

Well, I had 2 tunes from them, both times I got a check engine light after a few days, and if im remembering correctly it was the crank position sensor that needed to be re-learned.  I had to go to the dealer to get it done.  The code scanner's at independant auto shops in town couldn't do it for me.

Well, I only have one word to say (Outstanding) what ever Nelson did to that PCM made my Baby come to life, she feels like a different truck No BS, she is so strong, it's unbelievable. First off the shifts are so quick, no delays what so ever, she pulls from light to light 10X's better then before, the performance on the highway is totally different, I also notice a 10* drop engine temp, it doesn't drive like it did a few days ago, Just don't know why I waited so long, (y) (y)

good to hear you are getting good results... any reason you chose nelson over any of their competitors, like black bear?

kwistofoo said:
... any reason you chose nelson over any of their competitors, like black bear?

In my case because Nelson has had a solid lock on tuning GM trucks since forever.

OK, tons of performance,,, couldn't be happier,,, its a different truck ,,,I put on around 175 miles on this week and gas milage still seems the same... It could be more,,, but I'm having too much fun with the extra power,,, time will tell,,,,,,, :B:

She is running so strong,,,, Love it ,, I was hoping that I would have seen better gas milage, I guess it is what it is ,,,, :B:

Back