• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ok Whats Next

05Guy

SM 2010
Alright PCM worked out great, still can't believe it...... next up what about a throttle-body spacer..... any thoughts on which way to go..... :B:

Don't do it!  Nothing but an annoying whistle on acceleration!  Just my 2 cents.

What next depends upon what you're trying to do with your AV.

05Guy said:
Ok,,, Your 2 cents is good for me end of story

:wave:  Don't take my word for it--I just didn't get anything out of mine.  It was given to me and I ran it for a while and gave it to another member.  You looking for power, fuel economy, etc.................................?

Just a little board,,, fishing season is wrapping up over here soon ,,, thanks for the advice

Recently i put in a Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam, Z06 springs, pushrods and a Yank TT2600 TC.  Very happy with my choices and what I gained in power. 

we_fly_high said:
Ski I've been looking at the exact same set up, even going to black bear and doing the dyno tune, is there anything you would change and did you do everything yourself?

Wouldn't change a thing.  Did a lot of research and very happy with the results.  Had my mechanic put in the TC, but a friend and I changed out the cam/springs/pushrods.  Don't want to clog up 05Guy's thread.  PM me is you have any questions.  Be glad to help you out.  (y)

Ski Edition said:
Don't do it!  Nothing but an annoying whistle on acceleration!  Just my 2 cents.

What next depends upon what you're trying to do with your AV.
i agree totally, i've heard nothing but bad feedback about the worthless throttle body spacers,annoying whistle sound and not much performance gain if any (n) a waist of money as far as i'm concerned :mad: chris

Back