• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Power Driver Seat will not Go Back All the Way!!

crsny

Don't know what happened but my power driver seat on my "03 Avalanche will not go back all the way.
It will go forward and backward just stops about halfway back. Can't figure it our. Also my easy out feature on the drivers side seat moves the seat forward now instead of back. I have owned the truck since new and never had any work done on the seats or electrical interior systems.

not sure but sounds like your in need of a reflash of  the computer, one thing you might try though, disconnect the battery for awhile and see if it "relearns" itself.

Didit

Make sure there is nothing in the seat track, found a bolt in one of mine.

I tried the battery trick, no luck.

I also checked the track for any obstructions and found nothing.

Is the dealer the only place I can have it "reflashed" or can an auto parts store do it for me?

No I do not think a auto parts store can reflash it. Maybe a large repair place can do it.

Thanks for the reply.

Now the seat moves backward if I push the button froward. It is the exact opposite of what it should be. Can" figure out what the deal is.

I just experienced the same thing with my drivers seat.

When I wanted to move the seat forward I had to push the switch controller to the back position and it would stop at the halfway point, then I would push the switch forward and it would continue moving forward to the full forward position.

I just ran the seat forward and back a couple times and I guess this helped the computer "relearn"?????

Have not had any problems since.

Dave, thanks for the reply. I saw it this evening for the first time. I'm going to try your trick in the morning,  I'll let you know how it goes. I've not only had my seat problem but now all my gauges are "dead" . My info center still displays so I  know my mileage to empty, etc. at least. Any idea on this?

I?ve got the same problem with the forward/rear seat control being reversed. Haven?t figured out how to fix it. Did the trick above work for you?

Checked mine today. Nothing in the tracks but it will only move about 2-3?. Is the motor hard to replace?

If your seat moves even 2 to 3 inches why would the seat motor be bad? There must be some type of controller in the seat that goes bad. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Would my heated seats on both sides not working cause an issue? I know it?s all tied in together somehow.

Checked mine today and there is nothing in the tracks. If I tap on the motor when the seat stops it will move the rest of the way forward but the button is reversed (forward is back and back is forward).

Anyone tried replacing the switch. ???

No, honestly I didn't think it's the switch as it just simply reversed direction on the controller.  I guess I could flip the switch over and make it work right :laugh:

Back