• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"Key fob battery low"

sean

Hey, thanks for telling me that Bob.  Thing is, I replaced the battery in the key fob with a new one and Bob is STILL telling me the battery is low.  The manual was of no help here.  Is there a reset code / procedure / whatever anywhere?

I just got "Key Fob #1 battery low" on the DIC, #2 fob has sat in drawer for 9 years.

My truck was built Dec. 2003, second fob probably won't last another nine years,...  :B: 

When I bought my 1999 Suburban 10 years ago I hung the two fobs on a hook by the garage door.

I had too many keys on my ring at the time to hassle with a fob.

Things changed and about three years ago I put one of the fobs on my key ring and started using it every day.

When I traded in the truck last April, both fobs were still working on their original batteries.

I suppose they worked because I had not used them for most of the ten years I owned the truck.

Can't say how much the previous owner had used them.

If anyone knows how to clear the Low Battery in Key Fob msg, please post up.  I took my 2004 to the dealer, they hooked it to a Tech 2 and they STILL can't figure it out..........  :E:

I just replaced about 10 batteries in a fob. Decided to dig up the spare and use it for a week. No message. Replaced fob from amazon for 18$. No message.

All,

I found this on a Yahoo Answer board and it worked for me today so I thought I would post it here:

"Had the same problem with my 2006 GMC Sierra. I turned the ignition to the run position (don't crank motor), when the warning came on I held the unlock button on the key fob until the warning was removed. I took out the key, locked then unlocked the door. When I put the key in the ignition, the warning doesn't come on anymore. Hope this helps someone, I messed with this for a good hour."

Following these directions, I was able to resolve this issue in seconds.

Hope it helps someone else. 

Back