• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

When it rains, it pours...

LastMinuteMomma

Ok...these last few weeks have been very painful for me and my Avy...but let me say first that I have owned my Avy for 2 yrs now and have had no problems what so ever!!!  First thing to happen was my interior dome light and under the dash lights(by your feet) would stay on....still haven't found the problem, but have removed the fuse so no to kill my battery.  Second thing to happen, my check engine light comes on, so I get my code reader and get the dreaded P0440 code.  First thing I check is my gas cap, and sure enough it is loose.  Seems to have fixed that problem.  Third thing to happen is my ABS activates when braking at a low speed and on dry pavement.  During my research I find there is a recall for the wheel speed sensors, but lo and behold, it was already done before I got my Avy....so I am still trying to figure out a way to get that done on my really tight budget.  And then tonight, my friend was backing out of my driveway hit a slippery spot and hit my Avy!!!  Not much damage and sorry no pic (it is dark) but he tore a corner of my back bumper off.  Not right off, but almost.  Needless to say I am a little down, but hopefully this is it for a while....I don't think I could handle much more.  :needhug:  Anyone know if I can still get a back bumper for a 2002 Avy (light grey cladding) and if so, where and ballpark cost???  Any info would be appreciated!!!  Thanks in advance.

OH....on a happier note....one of my Christmas gifts this year is new taillights....Woooohooooo!!!!

Wow, that is a string of bad luck. Wish you the best for next year!

That is a string of bad luck, you should be able to find a bumper cover.

Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck.. Hang in there, it will get better. I know the feeling all to well.

Thanks for the support everyone...I know you guys understand my pain....I know that things will get better!!!  I just need my "Avy family" for a shoulder to cry on.  Hope you all enjoy the holiday season that is fast approaching!!!  Take care and Merry Christmas!!!  :love:

Don't let those little things get you down, unfortunately we get them from time to time.

As far as the rear bumper goes, if I hear of anything worth while I'll let you know.

Just an update...finally(today) got the ABS problem fixed....it wasn't too painful. ($)  Hated driving it like that but now that it is done I feel much safer....however, found out I need a upper ball joint....no biggie...hopefully that will be done in a few days(not at the dealer).  Still haven't figured out the interior lights problem, but I really haven't paid too much attention to it...not at the top of my TO DO list.  The back bumper issue isn't either...now that I see that it isn't so bad...I am living with it cracked until spring when we are going to look into getting it plastic welded ???  It might be less expensive for my friend that hit it....I really don't know.   Got my new taillights in already and hope to have pics soon.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!!

Back