• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Update finally "GM"answer to the ford "raptor"...?

lordvette

i just hope/or care if we can retro fit some of the parts to the "Avy" (y)

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/16/detroit-preview-gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept-is-ready-for/

Hmmm?????  Saddle Bags a la Dodge Ram a la Avalanche?  And is that tie downs front and rear in the floor of the bed?  Or hatches to get to an understorage area (a la Ridgeline)?  But I like 35" tires on 20" wheels.

Where's some interior shots tho?

chAVey said:
Hmmm?????  Saddle Bags a la Dodge Ram a la Avalanche?  And is that tie downs front and rear in the floor of the bed?  Or hatches to get to an understorage area (a la Ridgeline)?  But I like 35" tires on 20" wheels.

Where's some interior shots tho?

Attachments

• avy interior.jpg
    avy interior.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 751
Well, other than a different leather pattern, it looks really familiar.  Oh.  Yeah.  That's what my truck looks like!

chAVey said:
Well, other than a different leather pattern, it looks really familiar.  Oh.  Yeah.  That's what my truck looks like!

yeah the gmt900 interior seems like it lacks a lot on eye appeal.the ford and dodge really have beautiful interior.maybe when the new gmt900 comes out in2012 we might see and upgrade like its competitors

Attachments

• 163_0808_08z+2008_ford_f_150_super_crew_harley_davidson+interior_view.jpg
    163_0808_08z+2008_ford_f_150_super_crew_harley_davidson+interior_view.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 719
The concept for the Avalanche was a GMC. I'm sure the interior will be upgraded when the GMT900 is replaced. We'll have to wait and see what features from the All Terrain concept are cost effective enough to make it into a production vehicle, pretty sure the side bins and the recessed tie-down points in the bed & box will.

Wow...GM got the "Give us ground clearance" memo.  Shame they'll probably miss the "Build this concept, PLEASE" memo. 

Flint4x4 said:
The concept for the Avalanche was a GMC. I'm sure the interior will be upgraded when the GMT900 is replaced. We'll have to wait and see what features from the All Terrain concept are cost effective enough to make it into a production vehicle, pretty sure the side bins and the recessed tie-down points in the bed & box will.

the avy side bins seems to be appearing on more and more trucks.soon "Ford"will have to give in and put them on there trucks :D

Attachments

• box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 705
The side bins are an efficient use of wasted space. Funny how cup holders, side pockets in the doors, seatback pockets and storage ideas have sprouted up everywhere. Remember when glove boxes were huge and usually full of unused junk ?

Ahhh, that's better  :B:

Attachments

• Concept Avalanche small.jpg
    Concept Avalanche small.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 689
:laugh:

Now if it had lower cladding.  :D

Love the concept, and even better as an Avy!

Its about time we could buy something with enough ground clearance to actually leave the paved road without dragging bottom on everything.

Dont get your hopes up GM isnt smart enough to come out with that!  They will fu** up like they did by stop making Pontiac!!!  I aint very happy with GM!!! :beating:

GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept Takes Heavy-Duty Capability To New Ground GM News 2010-12-16

The GMC Sierra concept will be at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January  (y) 

Remember the '91 Syclone, '92 Sonoma GT, '92-93 Typhoon ? They were done by Production Automotive Services in Troy, MI. If GM does build the All Terrain it will probably be low volume and upgraded by a secondary company, the actual trucks will come off the assembly line in Flint, MI or Fort Wayne, IN

MS03 2500 said:
:laugh:

Now if it had lower cladding.  :D

If I were running GM, we might be broke, but I would give the people what they want  :cool:

Attachments

• Concept Cladded Avalanche.jpg
    Concept Cladded Avalanche.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 666
Naw that is seriously cool (y)

Now can you put a SS496 decal on it. :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:

GHP said:
If I were running GM, we might be broke, but I would give the people what they want  :cool:

I know I'm dreaming, but there is no way I would buy that thing. But I do like the look.

First, AWESOME TRUCK!

lordvette said:
yeah the gmt900 interior seems like it lacks a lot on eye appeal.the ford and dodge really have beautiful interior.maybe when the new gmt900 comes out in2012 we might see and upgrade like its competitors

I absolutely HATE this steering wheel. They never thought about actually using it. I drove my gf's f150 last week and everytime you press volume down (right side top left part of button on steering wheel buttons) or track down, or temp down, or whatever you figer get's lodged in between that cover and where the button submits, very uncomfortable. you have to try and avoid it every time.

Other than that, it's a very nice interior with chrome accents

MS03 2500 said:
I know I'm dreaming, but there is no way I would buy that thing. But I do like the look.

We can dream

stop editing it, now your just making it look like a ridgeline... :beating:

I'd really like to see the next generation avalanche renderings even if they don't end up proceeding with making any

It's a concept but it's buildable with mostly available GM and/or aftermarket parts. It's a peek at the next generation trucks, the rear fenders/box look like a sure bet for production and the 4x4 concept ones could fit duals. The interior is GMT900 Denali, (GM isn't showing all thier cards yet). 

Back