• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2011 Nationals ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
Any updates on this.

Bump!!!  Its about time to start vacation planning for 2011, whats going on, any determination yet as to if or where?

Didit

If there is a National GTG in 2011 I sure hope someone invites all the GM/Chevy design and marketing people so they can still see that there is a need and desire for the AV to stay in production past 2013!

Vaeagleav said:
If there is a National GTG in 2011 I sure hope someone invites all the GM/Chevy design and marketing people so they can still see that there is a need and desire for the AV to stay in production past 2013!

I like your thinking.........however we would need to have a better showing for a National Event than in years past if this were to become our cause.

I agree with what you are saying  Z66 BUTCH, I guess I would just hate to see the AV disappear from the inventory and GM to say "We didn't think there was much of a demand."
I don't know if it is a chicken or egg first situation but the local Chevy dealers are not carrying many AVs in inventory so I bet their figures for AV sales are way down. I know with gas prices getting high again they are pushing the Volt and other economical vehicles yet the lots around here still have a lot of Silverados to look at, so i bet their sales numbers are good.
Maybe the Nationals could be in the "most active" area where there are lots of enthused members? Or maybe consider a vacation location during that area's good time of year to get members excited? Sort of a family vacation with an AV theme? If it was near a major airport then maybe those members who can't drive could at least fly in? It may make it easier for the GM officials too if they could fly in for a couple days?

It's also the Chevy Avalanche 10th year anniversary  :B:  
It would be cool to get one of each model year  2002-2011 or 2012 at a GTG  :cool:

Other clubs schedule large events way in advance. I can't get 2011 vacation approved until March, I know many others have the same or other difficulties. The logistics of a major GTG are quite a chore, I know I'm not up to the task, gives me a headache just thinking about it.

I did not think about it being the AV 10th Birthday. I've only been to one large event and it was a blast also it was good meeting folks.
I even flew in for that one event and a lot other events.

I made it to Niagara Falls 2004 in my '02 Avalanche, 90 AVs +1 EXT, wish I could make more events but can't get Wendy to go.  :( 

Vaeagleav said:

I say for the 2012 National GTG we all go to Detroit the GM HQ!!!!  Show them the ALL of us Avalanche owners!!  :love: :B:  (y)

And maybe we would make it on CNN that day!!!!  :cool:

and the problem we have that has been the trend the last couple years is the decline in attendees. :E:

we_fly_high said:
Im ready but im not sure where I will be yet, hopefully hawaii but who knows

I think it might be a little costly to take the Avs with us to Hawaii.

Either way.  I am game as long as it is mid to late summer.  I graduate from college in May, thus I am poor until then.  After I get a couple of weeks of post graduation full-time work in I could probably swing a road trip.

HiHo Silver said:
I say for the 2012 National GTG we all go to Detroit the GM HQ!!!!  Show them the ALL of us Avalanche owners!!  :love: :B:  (y)

And maybe we would make it on CNN that day!!!!  :cool:

I like your thought 50 AVs driving up to the GM HQ and say this is what we want.   (y)

But of course a 2500. >:D

Alaska_AV. said:
or with a 2500 with a D-max in it

If (WHEN) you get it finished drive it down, I am sure that no matter where the Nationals are held members will come out to see that.  (y)  Maybe GM will even get the hint!

CHOPS125 said:
I think it might be a little costly to take the Avs with us to Hawaii.

Either way.  I am game as long as it is mid to late summer.  I graduate from college in May, thus I am poor until then.  After I get a couple of weeks of post graduation full-time work in I could probably swing a road trip.

Hahaha im talking about me getting stationed there, my trip with the avy is paid for!Hell the usmc will be paying me for the move but well prob have a gtg for the Nats. There as well. Im down for Detroit!!!

HiHo Silver said:

Z66 BUTCH said:
Maybe we should do a "Avalanche flash mob"!!

2012 will be too late, I expect an early launch for the 2013 Silverado spring 2012 and with fewer truck plants today the Suburban should follow quickly, last AV might be built June 2012. We should try to do a "Avalanche flash mob"!! at the Ren Cen/GM HQ this year.

Flint4x4 said:
2012 will be too late, I expect an early launch for the 2013 Silverado spring 2012 and with fewer truck plants today the Suburban should follow quickly, last AV might be built June 2012. We should try to do a "Avalanche flash mob"!! at the Ren Cen/GM HQ this year.

I say Let's do it!! Some how spread word outside of the club to get more involved!! I wouldn't mind a drive from Florida to Detroit to do it!! Maybe someone in GM would notice OUR showing outside the HQ's!!!! Send them a message!!!!

Actually we can do this in 2011. Does anyone want to help plan this.

HiHo Silver said:
I say Let's do it!! Some how spread word outside of the club to get more involved!! I wouldn't mind a drive from Florida to Detroit to do it!! Maybe someone in GM would notice OUR showing outside the HQ's!!!! Send them a message!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back