Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/29/14 07:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 07 avalanche traction control/abs lights on after starting.  (Read 3250 times)
kottas07

Awards
« on: 12/22/10 10:22 PM »

Recently my 2007 avalanche has had the traction control and abs lights come on after starting.  The read out says traction control needs service and stabilitrack needs service.  Also it takes a while for me to get it out of park when this happens.  I live in Nebraska, and the problem started when it started to get colder.  I have recently been parking in my new garage and the problem only arises when the vehicle has been out in the cold for quite a while, not after being in the garage.  I'm thinking some sort of sensor, but not sure Huh
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 12/23/10 10:54 AM »

It is hard to tell what it could be, when the lights come on it sets a code and you will have to get the code read to know what is wrong.
KSUCNTRY
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

Macgyver never had a swiss army knife like this!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12/23/10 01:44 PM »

He's right, it could be anything. When the stabilatrac and the traction control lights come on it's the vehicles computer telling you somethings wrong- but not necessarily what the light says. You will have DTC codes you will have to read at a dealership or some auto parts stores will do it too if you don't already have a programmer or some sort of handheld tuner that can do that. I've had it happen on 2 different Av's and both were engine lean codes. Too much air or not enough fuel. Just get it checked out for at least peace of mind.

Sport Red Metallic 07' 4wd, 5.3L , Loaded GM accessory rims now with Cooper Zeon LTZ's 275/60/20's

Poor is the nation without heroes …Bankrupt is the nation that fails to remember them.
A veteran – whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve – is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
MightyMouse

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11/15/12 08:30 PM »

Just happened to me this week when it dropped below 20F. The codes I had were P0171 & P0174 - System too lean, banks 1 & 2. My MAF went bad, causing it to run too lean. Could be fuel pump or an air leak as well. a code scanner will tell you though. Get it checked ASAP.

'07 Dark Blue Metallic LTZ 4X4, Custom dual exhaust, Injen PowerFlow CAI, Sunroof, Chrome door handles, grill, and mirrors, Ambers, Molded mud flaps, Color-matched GM bug deflector, DiabLEW Predator tune, Billet front & rear bowties, Chrome tailgate handle, Chrome side molding, 22x9.5 Liquid Metal Magma's wrapped in GY Fortera SL 305/40R22 rubber
krazycarguy

Chevy Technician

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11/15/12 10:21 PM »

Traction control and stabilitrack are controlled by the abs system and power output limiting, so anything affecting those will turn off the TC and stabilitrack, prompting the DIC warning.

2008 Avy LTZ, Olympic White, N-fabs light bar with KC Apollos, K&N intake, LED sail panel bolts, LED bed lighting, LED interior lights, LED puddle lights, LED reverse lights, LED licence plate lights, Gen III LED amber emergency strobes, full time DRLs and Fogs, 2" lift, Powder coated OE 20" rims wrapped in toyo open countrys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: