• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Laughlin 2011 interest

denman

SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
hey folks....tossing out a note to gauge interest on an event this year.

You caught my attention.. :cheers:

Please go to the region V area and participate in the poll so I know what weekend to tell Natasha we want. Also so I can get James to rope off the fron lot so we can display our beauties.

amd1900mp said:
You caught my attention.. :cheers:

:laugh:                                         
Me too . . . . . the local authorities would like to get rid of me for a few days anyway . . .

(Not voting cuz I'm open to any weekend)

Ok I need some response from you all by tomorrow or I just go it blindly and pick the dates. I am trying to get it set where the bulk can be there.

The weekend in March is better. Feb. 10-13 is "King of the Hamers" in Johnson Valley, Calif.
            Cindy

No Avy but I would like to see everyone. I'm trying to track down my old Avy and if it hasn't gone to the great scrap heap in the sky I'm going to buy it back. Either date works for me but I voted for March.

Hey Eric N.,  :notworthy:  long time no see. Try Craigslist for another Avy if you don't find yours. I'm still looking for a decent 02 Z71 as a second vehicle. (Not kidding)

Thanks for the info. Why I didn't think of Craig's List I don't know. Been looking on Cars.com and automobile.com. Found some nice ones but I really want my old Avy back providing it still has the supercharger and all those accessories I put on it.

Would be nice to see you.. Avy or not, But.. I hope you find it!  (y)

Todd:
It would be good to see you, too and I hope I can find it but it's not looking too good.

Thompson:
I traded my Avy in for an '08 Dodge Ram 1500 because the new Avy's are too f'in small on the inside and the interior design causes much pain to my right knee after only 15 minutes of driving. Also, you can't get certain options without upgrading to a different option package and having to get stuff you don't want that only drives up the $$$$$$. New GM or not they still have their heads up their a$$es and now it looks like we'll all be driving what we have as they're going to discontinue the model completely.  :C:  :cuss:

So now you are hoping whoever bought your Avy is tired of it? From the looks of things on the board no one has an Avy anymore. I have 10 payments and it's all mine! although I'm already looking for my next car. I'm thinking a cute little BMW.
Good luck finding the supercharger!

Either they're tired of it (good luck) or they blew up the motor (possible) or it never got sold to a private party and has just been on the auction circuit (almost as impossible as someone getting tired of it) but I keep looking. I'm probably, at some time, just going to have to look for a good used one. Hope you get your little beemer but keep your Avy. You can throw some HD sway bars on it from Hochkiss and get it to handle almost as good for a lot less money. Also, if you don't have the Z66 package, look into getting those torsion bars as they do alot for the handling. The base Avys are sprung extremely soft, so much so they wallow like a battleship and lean too much in the corners. The Z66 bars stiffen it up but not too much.

Hey Salina, long time no see, how are ya?

Yeh, as you said a lot of Av's have disappeared from the club.  :(

Your post disturbed me and I have to respond. BMW is rated as very unreliable and costly to repair. Jaguar is the absolute WORST with Mercedes and BMW just above it.

You should do some homework and research before you think BMW (or any other vehicle). I've owned a lot of different brands and the GM products have always been  the most durable, reliable, and least costly to maintain and repair. I have had VERY bad experiences with a F@RD truck and a V@LV@.

I'm jus' sayin' . . . . . . . don't get stuck with any lousy pieces of feces as I did.

Could be that staying with GM is the way to go. As to what Supercharger said about the suspension, he is 100% correct. My Z66 suspension lets the Av handle like a locomotive on train tracks - very very stable, especially at high speeds. The fact  that there is so much rear weight on the Av gives it "closer" to 50-50 front/rear weight distribution than many vehicles, which makes the Avalanche inherently a very stable vehicle.

Salina -->  :beating: <-- BMW

Hey there things are good down here. I like the little Beemers, I know they are expensive to repair so I was hoping to not ever have to repair it. The only Chevy I would own is a corvette, every chevy I've ever had has left me stranded or just fallen apart. All I've ever owned is Chevy's. Even the Avy has had to have transmission work twice it has not quite 70k miles. I'm just frustrated with all cars.None of them seem to hold up so why not have one that is super cute!

I'm surprised the tranny went out so soon. I never had problems with the transmission and I had a blower, headers, etc on my truck. I guess it was a good thing I had corvette servos installed, a shift kit and the line pressure raised. I had the 4L60 trnasmission. Also I had the tranny flushed every 25000 miles and a new filter every 50K. The heat out here kills transmissions so a complete flush is almost mandatory.

If you want something cute you can always buy a Miata??????? lol

I would love to still have our AV, but what can you do! We have an 07 Silverado 1500 LTZ now and it is really nice and we like it, although we've been looking at the Challengers. The V8 is sweet!!!! I think we are just gonna stay with what we have for now though!! I sure wish you guys would change your mind about Laughlin cause we miss ya!!! It won't be the same without you!! Yes, I'm talking to you Salina!!!

Yea what Sharon said Salina ! Scott Skip says if he is going to make it you had better !  :laugh: :laugh:  No pressure there huh folks ? 

Back