• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Biggest tire on stock 03 avalanche?

I can't tell you how many times this has been asked, 285 with minor rubbing.

70 or 75 will both rub a bit, if you crank up the torsion bars you may be able to get enough room.

i have a 33/12.5/17 with only minor rubbing. i barely touched the torsion bars and did very little trimming. i drive it every day and have no problems.

By modifying it with a 3" body lift make a big difference in the driving? Want to go with a bigger tire and no rubbing. What size tire could be used with this lift?

It depends if your Av is cladded or WBH

It depends on what kind of turning radius you are willing to sacrifice

It depends on how much trimming you want or don't want to do

You can put 35s under a stock height cladded Av...just don't plan to drive it anywhere except on a drag strip  :laugh:

WBH - BFG AT's 285-70-17 with ZERO rub in the front with ZERO torsion bar adjustment.  IF I have a loaded trailer or a big payload I can scrub the rears on the inside on the plastic inside the wheel-wells.  No problems at all.

Has anyone tried to put 315/70/17s (34x12.4x17) on the stock 17 inch rim? Or is that too much for that rim?
A 285/75/17-(34x11.22x17) is pretty close to that tire just a little wider. Does it make that much of a difference?
:help:

idk how much of a difference it is i know my tires are a 275/60/r20 i know not the 17s but mine rub pretty bad when turning tight every now and then...

Ok thanks. I forgot to mention that I'm putting a levelling kit on. So that would help?

wyotonka said:
Whoops sorry i forgot to mention that too lol mine does have a level kit on it....
Ok thanks ill have to make sure I get tires around 11 inches wide not 12.
I noticed you have the I simple. Was that fairly easy to install?

I need to update that... its gone but my sound guy installed it he said it was a pain... the cord that came with it broke after about a month so i out a new one on that shorted out and fried my ipod.... so i put another one on that quit so i finally bit the bullet and put in a double din deck worth the extra cost

Yeah... i had high hopes for the i simple and the cord wouldn't have been an issue if they stood behind it but they told me i had to buy a whole new unit when i called and told them the cord broke the first time

Back