• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

IPAD

LornesAV

PM 2012
SM 2010
Anybody mounted an Ipad in the front of the AV yet? I have an otter box cover and it looks like I will have to customize a mount for it since all the pictures of available mounts look like a bare IPad.

Ram makes quality stuff - I use them in a small fleet of vehicles - rarely and issue.

I ordered this....

http://www.amazon.com/Tab-Tite-Release-Cradle-Access-Tension/dp/B005168DMU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1317042214&sr=8-4

and this...

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-B-316-1-AP8-Universal-No-Drill-Vehicle-Mount/dp/B004309FL8/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4

The Ipad part in the no drill mount only fits non covered ipads...so I ordered the other part too. 

I bought it also not the best fit but does the job. Have to really work it in to get the power cord hooked up.

I have a GPS module that can use google or mapquest or others that usually have more up to date roads, so no more paying for updates. I also have a parrot blue-tooth and along with a text to speech service I can receive and send emails without typing. I travel 3000-4000 miles a month.
Haven't tried one yet but there are other GPS apps that can track my travels for me.

LornesAV said:
I have a GPS module that can use google or mapquest or others that usually have more up to date roads, so no more paying for updates. I also have a parrot blue-tooth and along with a text to speech service I can receive and send emails without typing. I travel 3000-4000 miles a month.
Haven't tried one yet but there are other GPS apps that can track my travels for me.

Ok that makes sense,  I am on the mopar forums and it seems to be a big deal to have an iPad in their dash but for the sole purpose that it's cool because it a big screen and they can watch movies.. 

For what you describe I can understand. 

Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum, Im building an ipad dash as we speak, the reason for me putting it in the dash is primarily for music control, way better than a touchscreen and I can take it with me, plus google maps, etc... As posted above though look into RAM mounts, they make a good product, also check ebay, youll find more than you think

Mine is not in the dash. Although I would prefer it that way I would still like it removable because the latest technology chugs so often the resale of a vehicle could be tough.

LornesAV said:
Mine is not in the dash. Although I would prefer it that way I would still like it removable because the latest technology chugs so often the resale of a vehicle could be tough.

Mine is removable, I bought an extra dash bezel to do the mod on mine (should I ever want to go back to stock) , I could care less if it's the newest, hottest thing out there, it's still an iPad in the dash regardless. But I agree with you it does help alot for it to be removable.

Btw, how in the h3!! are you going to light your bow tie?

Not sure yet i did have much succes and I am currently putting halos in my lights. see other thread should show up on unread topics.

I ordered the Ram mount as well and just installed it. It took about 45 minutes at a very leisurely pace. After just a day of driving it appears rock solid without any need to add a second bracket on the center console.

I am in the truck from sun up to sun down on some days with several breaks between appointments. With an apple bluetooth keyboard in my lap I can bang out a lot of email and notes without having to look for a Starbucks or somewhere to setup the laptop. For the last couple of weeks I've just propped the ipad up in front of the cup holders but this setup is much improved.

2013-02-05125000_zps701f5f4d.jpg

2013-02-05125028_zps24a4c4c5.jpg

2013-02-05125607_zpsecec721e.jpg

2013-02-05141028_zps83c1a9cb.jpg

2013-02-05141045_zpscc0b07ca.jpg

wyotonka said:
anyone know if they make these for the mini yet?

Ive got thsi exact same thing from 10 years ago for my VW golf.  They were made to hold portable CD players so you could have one in your car with your "tape deck"

I still have it actually, exact same setup, except at the top there is a small plate that you set and hook your cd player to

Yea right now my ipad mini chills out on the center console till someone needs in there then it either gets moved first or winds up on the floor in the back seat  :needhug:

wyotonka said:
Yea right now my ipad mini chills out on the center console till someone needs in there then it either gets moved first or winds up on the floor in the back seat  :needhug:

Damn, old thread. Lol I'm not sure if they make them for them I yet but since this thread, I've built few iPad dashes, actually doing another as we speak for my silverado. If anyone has any questions on how or what is needed to build one PM me, or if you want one built for a very reasonable price, PM me. Hope I can help anyone who needs it I've done tons of research on iPad installs

04murdalanche said:
Damn, old thread. Lol I'm not sure if they make them for them I yet but since this thread, I've built few iPad dashes, actually doing another as we speak for my silverado. If anyone has any questions on how or what is needed to build one PM me, or if you want one built for a very reasonable price, PM me. Hope I can help anyone who needs it I've done tons of research on iPad installs
could you share a cple pics of the ones you made. I'm looking to incorporate a 3rd gen IPAD but want to keep the Nav HU in my 07.

04murdalanche said:
Has there been any aps that can now integrate the vehicle control such as air or ... I know there are obd2 like rev and such, I have the Rev.

Hey I have been around long enough to have an old thread.  (y) but I have only made one GTG.

(y) (y)
I need to learn how to glass stuff, I will probably be doing this to my Fiero GT.
53A159FF-A882-4825-90B9-F073AFB73919-1940-000002456F412DF6_zpsc4e0a237.jpg

Or this but not the tail lights. 

B5335501-F4B9-45A4-BFD3-88C6FF71D22C-1940-000002455093E3CE_zps47154e9a.jpg

Thought Steve jobs said there will never be a smaller iPad. Guess they got scared by how awesome the nexus 7 was doing and kindle HD where performing they had to try and compete. Oh well Apple is to childless and locked up for my liking.

LornesAV said:
(y) (y)
I need to learn how to glass stuff, I will probably be doing this to my Fiero GT.
53A159FF-A882-4825-90B9-F073AFB73919-1940-000002456F412DF6_zpsc4e0a237.jpg

Or this but not the tail lights.  

B5335501-F4B9-45A4-BFD3-88C6FF71D22C-1940-000002455093E3CE_zps47154e9a.jpg

what we talking about here  :beating: :laugh: BTW nice Fiero.  I'm in the process of restoring an 88 GT.  Its in the paint booth now  :love:

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,90593.msg1974980.html#msg1974980

Back