Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer installed in my 02 Avalanche  (Read 53269 times)

Dluvr22

• CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member
Re: Computer installed in my 02 Avalanche
« Reply #75 on: December 3, 2013, 13:01:46 PM »

Thanks
I have more mods planned.
Including some one offs however money dictates that I slow down a bit.
Some  I want to keep secret until I get it done so I cannot say as much as I want to.
As far as the Car PC goes there is very little I can add to it right now

One idea is to try to integrate street camera since my state has a site that allows you to view them.
It'll be real cool if I can view camera feeds as I drive past or to determine traffic ahead of me based on my GPS coordinates.
I really which I had the skills to do the scripting and pull the feeds to the car.

If you haven't seen it yet, you may want to check out my other thread.
I hope it will inspire others to push the envelop with their installs.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?PHPSESSID=jbskqtf4s69gpp7f9phgougil1&topic=138828.25

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z-71
Computer installed in vehicle. Rancho 9000 with MyRide controller. Krylon fusion on cladding. K&N intake. Dual battery mod to be completed soon............
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,124979.0.html

Dakotawilk

« Reply #76 on: December 3, 2013, 13:07:56 PM »

the intigrated stree cameras would be SICK!!! if you get that running i want to know i will definitally be keeping up on this thread  :D
Current mods
Cb radio, 40" curved led bar, torsion keys, raptor lights, rear bed LEDs, plasti dipped avalanche logos interior power bar bow tie, 12,000lb (going in steel bumper) 2 led cubes leveling kit magnaflow exhaust
Future mods,
35" Goodyear wranglers mtr's, covering seat covers, upgraded front rotors, steel bumper (deigning it now), led cubes (ordered), front bench seat, subs, rear 2" spacers, 6" lift (after college) projector headlights, led tail lights

ChevRod

« Reply #77 on: July 3, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »

How is the paint that you used on the cladding holding up? Also, what type of paint or paints did you use?

Dluvr22

« Reply #78 on: July 3, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »

How is the paint that you used on the cladding holding up? Also, what type of paint or paints did you use?

Funny you should ask
I am actually in the process of repainting it right now.
Wile the last time literally took one weekend to get it done, this time I am already 2 weeks iin and not quite halfway there yet..... mostly because of my work schedule.

The paint held up ok for 2 years that I lived in NJ
After moving to MN however, within a few months in the winter and I started seeing spots all over the place.
 Come summer last year I went over it with plasti-dip but that did not least either. It started ripping and tearing too but the plasti-dipped rims stayed fine.
I am guessing because the cladding is soft plastic, the flexing of the cladding attributed to that.

This time around I am sanding and smoothing and adding primer before painting in the hopes that it will adhere better.
Only time will tell .

Some pics can be found on the last page of my other thread here:

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,138828.0.html

Computer installed in vehicle. Rancho 9000 with MyRide controller. Krylon fusion on cladding. K&N intake. Dual battery mod to be completed soon............

Dakotawilk

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2015, 11:48:40 AM »

Bump I can't see the pics do to school wifi but I will be checking it out for sure later! Sounds awesome!
Current mods
Cb radio, 40" curved led bar, torsion keys, raptor lights, rear bed LEDs, plasti dipped avalanche logos interior power bar bow tie, 12,000lb (going in steel bumper) 2 led cubes leveling kit magnaflow exhaust
Future mods,
35" Goodyear wranglers mtr's, covering seat covers, upgraded front rotors, steel bumper (deigning it now), led cubes (ordered), front bench seat, subs, rear 2" spacers, 6" lift (after college) projector headlights, led tail lights

My4re

• Propane is a Real Gas!
    • LEAP
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 19:33:15 PM »

OMG That is sweet but why Winblows8 > ? LOL  :laugh:

Wouldn’t Raspberry Pi be easier and save tons of space now  ?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson 1789

Dluvr22

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2015, 05:54:51 AM »

I chose windows because of the compatibility to all the applications and hardware I use and plan to add in the coming years. I've tried Linux and Ubuntu in the past and even though they are more stable, I had a heck of a time getting all my hardware to work as well as getting everything communicating together. I must admit that I am much more comfortable with the ins and outs of windows and that has influenced my decision. As far as stability goes, I have had a major crash of the OS only 3 or so times this year  and I'm comfortable with that. It usually boots right back up and runs. If the PC was controlling critical systems where I needed 100% stability, that'll definately be an issue however it is not due to the continuos drain it will have on the battery even while asleep.
I also looked into the raspberry Pi and for my purposes 1 or two units does not have the computing power I need. If I were to build separate modules for all I have the computer doing right now, I'd probably need to have 10 modules for all my tasks and that too is not something I want to have to deal with.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 24 queries.