• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Monthly Breakfast GTG

dcn427

SM 2022
SM 2011
I have seen a few posts of this and was wondering if anyone would like to get this started. An easy way to have more GTG's. Any other thoughts?

A place in mind:

Breakfast King
300 W Mississippi Ave.
Denver, CO 80223
Been a while since I was last there but they were pretty good.

Any other ideas on a meeting place and time? Maybe something Closer to everyone else?

well daniel I guess it is just you and I that are interested in doing  a breakfast gtg.  So I'm down to meet up even if it is just the two of us.  I'm off the weekends and wouldn't mind getting together at anytime. just let me know.  (I do have plans next sat though. I am going to breckenridge to see the snow sculptures.)

Seems like a pretty central location.  Doesn't look like it's gonna happen tomorrow, but maybe week after next?  If an e-mail can go out next week, there'd probably be more takers.  I'll watch this space...

I was hoping for more than two people. I will need to cntact Avalanchuck. I dont have anyones email. Do you guys? No date set yet, I work late nights so Saturday Sunday mornings are great. Also no weekend restrictions. Even during the week if we must

During the week is not good for me, Saturday is best for me, but my wife dont get home from work till 7 a.m. so if she wanted to go, breakfast would have to be a little later....if I were to be able to make it. It seems like a good idea, I believe we tried it before, maybe for lunch. I hope it takes off this time.

Chadstr

dcn427 said:
I have seen a few posts of this and was wondering if anyone would like to get this started. An easy way to have more GTG's. Any other thoughts?

A place in mind:

Breakfast King
300 W Mississippi Ave.
Denver, CO 80223
Been a while since I was last there but they were pretty good.

Any other ideas on a meeting place and time? Maybe something Closer to everyone else?

When are we planning for this? Tomorrow a.m. is looking pretty good for me.

So we have al;ready had our Jan GTG, How about for feb we do Feb 12 @ 8am?

Let me know. We will hit up the Breakfast king

I think I may be in...as it gets closer I will know more. My wifes dad just passed away today, we are going on a sudden trip to Virginia. So it may be hard to attend too much for a bit, but I will keep you all updated.

Chadstr

Really sorry to hear about your father in law Chad, please send my regards to the family. Could we make the breakfast for Sunday? Im scheduled to work the 12th, Id love to attend.....

We can move it to Sunday. I would not be able to attend. Whatsa everyone else feel? Maybe i should branch this off into its own post since we have a date?

Well it turns out Im off this weekend and will be in Denver Saturday, my daughter has a color gaurd competition in Littleton Saturday so if the breakfast is still on by those who can attend then Ill gladly show up, just need a time and place, if not then guess we'll wait for the next one.........beercrazy.

Sorry Ken, I could not do it that week. Joys of working, One little problem and you get the call :E: Shall we plan an another date?

How about this weekend? Im headed to Elizabeth Saturday to my brothers house, could leave early and meet somewhere for breakfast.......any takers??
    Beercrazy

Where and When, I may be working, I will push harder all week so that I can be free. Anybody else?

Chadstr

Well if we meet here in the Springs we could meet at the Bear Creek Cafe or the cafe we went to for the big GTG in July, think its the name of it, if were venturing to Denver not sure there, any suggestions? Id say around 9 Saturday either town.
            beercrazy

Lets give the day to see if anybody else chimes in to decide where I guess. If its just you and me then probably just here in the springs. I wont have my truck, but I wont need it for breakfast.

I've been lurking in the background to see when and where you are meeting.  I work midnights and get off at 0700, except this week I'm on vacation.  If you are meeting at Black Bear in the Springs around 0800, I'll try to make it.

Cheers
Bob

Breakfast was fun Chad, Gunther Toodys is always a great place to eat. Hope all is good with your truck now. Got to tryout my W/B adjustable 3 ball reciever hitch finally, really like it, simple to use, may never have to buy another reciever again  :woohoo:. maybe next time we'll get more attendees for a larger breakfast gathering............ beercrazy

P.S. Sorry we missed ya Bob, wasnt sure anyone was planning on coming.... :oops:

I Completely missed this one myself. Had no idea there was a plan. Differently need to get emails out. Lets set a date for the next one early and start from there

Umm, first this is not a rant, so please dont take it as such. I think we can all help each other out here.

Emails have been sent out in the past...on several occasions...to little to no avail (ie national GTG last year). So perhaps a couple of things would help, 1) if your interested in attending a GTG, try to check the site more often...We have been really good about setting and alerting of potential GTG's with plenty of time. I understand that everyones schedule is different, we will probably never get everyone at one GTG, but in the future, even if you dont think you will be able to attend the one scheduled, post up, show your interest or dis-interest, so that we can know to attempt to duplicate the GTG at another date or not. If you dont, it is assumed that there isn't any interest and viewed by the cruise cordinators as rubbish. It my goal as a Cruise Cordinator to put together fun gatherings where fellow Ave owners can come together and have fun times and maybe ooo and aaa about each others Aves, you know the stuff that makes it their Aves. And that brings me to 2) which is my bad, in the future, no matter how many people are slated to show, I will do a better job in posting exactly what and where the group will be. I am sorry I didnt on a few occasions because again, I ended up just calling the person I knew was interested, discussed it and we met for breakfast. Ive been talking to a few members and came up with a few ideas for GTG's this summer, I will postup so please vote and get rolling on some cool gatherings shall we.

Thanks
Chadstr

Back