Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/24/14 02:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Steering EVO/TFE Actuator replacement 1 year later Again?  (Read 4582 times)
Serria1

2002 Pewter Z71 Full Load.

Awards
« on: 01/15/11 11:09 AM »

Since having to replace my pump and the old actuator will not come off, I when searching for a solution and found that this part has caused many problems and is discontinued from GM. On this and various other boards F.S.C etc this part # is the replacement 19168825.
in my hunt for one on the Web I found numerous sites that list it with a disclaimer of can not guarantee availability of part or can not ship to Canada.
So of the local dealers only 1 had it in stock thinking it would be close to the US price HOW WRONG THAT WAS Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked. Picked it and see the pic for info on this amazing GM only part. Thumbs down

Old EVO/TFE Actuator on pump

NEW/TFE Actuator on New Pump

« Last Edit: 10/22/12 12:06 PM by Serria1 » Logged
Chris_G1

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/15/11 11:44 AM »

I feel your pain with the prices on Canadian parts and the fact that its getting harder and harder to find online stores to deliver to us. Thanks to the help on here I have been turned onto rockauto.com

2007 Black Avalanche LTZ
Serria1

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/15/11 09:01 PM »

Finally got this pump done  :thumbs up: i can feel no difference with the replacement part . i did notice the the larger end  has a very narrow opening compared to the hose as well as a smaller hole on the side of the fitting that is in the pump side.
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/15/11 09:10 PM »

Finally got this pump done  Thumbs up! i can feel no difference with the replacement part . i did notice the the larger end  has a very narrow opening compared to the hose as well as a smaller hole on the side of the fitting that is in the pump side.

So are you back on the road again. Remember never try to steer in reverse in 4WD very bad things can happen.
Serria1

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/16/11 10:46 AM »

So are you back on the road again. Remember never try to steer in reverse in 4WD very bad things can happen.

lesson learned
Serria1

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/22/12 12:04 PM »

So here I am 1 year later and power steering is nonexistent occasionally in parking lots and low speeds. to park i now have to 2 foot the gas and brake to get the wheels to turn Thumbs down. but not every time. Huh
Is it possible the pump is going again ?
Fluid is up and pump has started to whine a bit.
of course it could be now that the snow is started again.
since my wife drives this mostly it has become a real pain.

Ideas on the pump or others solutions?Huh Help me!
GMalanche

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10/22/12 08:04 PM »

Do you have a Hydro-boost system? If so, it could possibly be the unit is on it's way out. $550.00 list price at the stealership; Rockauto is around $280.00.
LornesAV
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10/22/12 09:11 PM »

What breaks when in reverse?

2008 Z71
Serria1

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10/23/12 02:43 PM »

Do you have a Hydro-boost system? If so, it could possibly be the unit is on it's way out. $550.00 list price at the stealership; Rockauto is around $280.00.

No hydro boost and it sucks the new one lasted a year with about 10000 km.
« Last Edit: 10/23/12 02:47 PM by Serria1 » Logged
Serria1

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 10/23/12 02:45 PM »

What breaks when in reverse?

Stuck in deep snow using 4low in reverse while turning wheels broke the power steering pump shaft.
Pitbull14218

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 07/03/13 01:47 PM »

I think my truck is having problems with the evo, I don't have power steering at slow speeds only when turning right, turning left it is normal but turning right is so difficult, giving some gas makes it easier but until I'm going like 20mph it is hard to turn right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: