• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Power Steering EVO/TFE Actuator replacement 1 year later Again?

Serria1

Since having to replace my pump and the old actuator will not come off, I when searching for a solution and found that this part has caused many problems and is discontinued from GM. On this and various other boards F.S.C etc this part # is the replacement 19168825.
in my hunt for one on the Web I found numerous sites that list it with a disclaimer of can not guarantee availability of part or can not ship to Canada.
So of the local dealers only 1 had it in stock thinking it would be close to the US price HOW WRONG THAT WAS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. Picked it and see the pic for info on this amazing GM only part. (n)
100_1294.jpg

100_1293.jpg

100_1297.jpg

100_1295.jpg

Old EVO/TFE Actuator on pump
100_1299.jpg

NEW/TFE Actuator on New Pump
100_1300.jpg

I feel your pain with the prices on Canadian parts and the fact that its getting harder and harder to find online stores to deliver to us. Thanks to the help on here I have been turned onto rockauto.com

Finally got this pump done  :thumbs up: i can feel no difference with the replacement part . i did notice the the larger end  has a very narrow opening compared to the hose as well as a smaller hole on the side of the fitting that is in the pump side.

Serria1 said:
Finally got this pump done  (y) i can feel no difference with the replacement part . i did notice the the larger end  has a very narrow opening compared to the hose as well as a smaller hole on the side of the fitting that is in the pump side.

So are you back on the road again. Remember never try to steer in reverse in 4WD very bad things can happen.

So here I am 1 year later and power steering is nonexistent occasionally in parking lots and low speeds. to park i now have to 2 foot the gas and brake to get the wheels to turn (n). but not every time. ???
Is it possible the pump is going again ?
Fluid is up and pump has started to whine a bit.
of course it could be now that the snow is started again.
since my wife drives this mostly it has become a real pain.

Ideas on the pump or others solutions???? :help:

Do you have a Hydro-boost system? If so, it could possibly be the unit is on it's way out. $550.00 list price at the stealership; Rockauto is around $280.00.

GMalanche said:
Do you have a Hydro-boost system? If so, it could possibly be the unit is on it's way out. $550.00 list price at the stealership; Rockauto is around $280.00.

No hydro boost and it sucks the new one lasted a year with about 10000 km.

I think my truck is having problems with the evo, I don't have power steering at slow speeds only when turning right, turning left it is normal but turning right is so difficult, giving some gas makes it easier but until I'm going like 20mph it is hard to turn right.

Back