• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

jump seat cup holder and console panel removal?

Sonders

My new to me 02' has the 40/20/40 bench seats.  I'm wondering if the cupholders on the front of the jumpseat can be removed?

Also, on the dash right below the 12v acc. and cig lighter there is a panel there.  Can it be removed, and if so how?  I've tugged on it and it moves some; but don't want to break it.  Thinking about building a small sub box to connect to this area of the dash.  TIA for any help!  --Brad--

Yes, the cupholder can be removed. You need to remove the seat to unscrew it from the bottom.

Can't remember about removing the cig panel.  I know in the 07Ups, it's just a pull out (carefully).

of course the cup holder couldn't be an easy removal geez.  Thanks for the info.

Does anybody know for sure on the panel removal on the dash?

Is your panel granite? if it is I would like to get it and I have the cup holder that goes in it's place.  R. (y) and  :welcome:

Is that considered the dark kind of charcoal color?  IF so that's what I have.  How does the cup holder panel connect?  It just bolt right in?

Sonders said:
Is that considered the dark kind of charcoal color?  IF so that's what I have.  How does the cup holder panel connect?  It just bolt right in?

Yes and yes  :D

It looks to may have two screws at the bottom. I took pixs and can send.  R.

if you want to send it to me that's fine.  I'll get a pic of mine and email it to ya as well to make sure we're on the same page.  I also need confirmation on how my panel comes off so it doesn't get broken.

Ok got the panel off of the dash; was actually very simple.  It only had two 7mm bolts underneath and a light tug is all it took.

It looks like the cupholder is riveted to a metal bracket that is then riveted to the underside of the jumpseat.

Once tne jump seat is removed you can drill out the rivits...

The stamped steel braces which the jump seat mount to the floorboard with are positioned underneath both front seat inner tracks...so to remove the jump seat you will need to unbolt both front seats...

Make sure you disconnect the wiring harnesses under both front seats before trying to remove them...if I remember the connectors are yellow

Once the seats are out of the way...the jump seat comes right out

It really is not that big a job...you have to be carefull so it's just time consuming

I hear ya I CHNGE.  Still not looking forward to it; taking seats out just doesn't' sound very fun to me.  Kinda thought about leaving it in and just drilling the damn things out from the top; I'm not going to reuse them; just need the metal bracket below to mount part of sub box to.

Back