• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Holy crap!! We have thonder snow!!

Mommyof02

SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
Well, the storm we okies have been waiting for all week has finally hit.  Posting a pic too.  I am located in the white area of the radar map.   :eek:

Attachments

• Storm 2011.jpg
    Storm 2011.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 120
I have been in a thunder snow storm a couple of times, it's spooky!

I feel your pain 10-18 inches of snow and 5 to 10 foot drifts. This one is not going to be fun even in a AV.

Oh, I am not going anywhere til at least Wednsday.  I have already told friends and family that have short cars that I am not gonna save them.  Sleet came first.  I can drive in this stuff but apparently other people get stupid.  I think Thunder snow is spooky and cool.

We got hit with -25 temps and -50 wind chills in SD today. I drive for FedEx Ground and I told them I wasn't going anywhere tonight. Bout froze my face off hooking up trailers. Roads are iced over. 6" lift = good for snow, 35" Cooper STT's = bad on ice.

Okay, I definitely don't have the snow (further south, Austin, TX), but this is absolutely true:  I've got one of those atomic clocks /weather station / ginzu knives that projects the time/temp on the ceiling.  Cat must have known what was coming.  At 3:11 am it started scratching at the bedroom door.  Temp was 65 deg F.  Storm front hit in just a few minutes.  Wind, Rain, etc.  At 3:39am, it was 41 deg.  Dropped 24 deg in just 28 mins!  That's why I'm awake this early - can't get back to sleep.

Z66 BUTCH said:
I have been in a thunder snow storm a couple of times, it's spooky!

I'll give you spooky, we had one of thouse storms a few years back in WI which forced us to delay burying my mom a day. We just sat around the house watching the show as relatives slowly left to go home because they had lives and work to get to the next day.  It got real quite once the storm past.

Oh my god guess what is happening in my area a thunderstorm with lightening. It's 2 o'clock in the morning and it's 36 degrees.

Oh, nice!  We have been lucky so far.  Just waiting for the evil storm season to hit now.

Wow... I so do NOT miss that 'white stuff'!

Salt is very hard on underbody MODs  :p

Keep the AVYs safe in garages if you can!  :needhug:

Had a ice storm this morning I was going(sliding) down a hill and had to put the right wheels in the snow so I could stop the beast.

Back