• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New England Roll call for 2011 Nationals

KevMack

Our Nationals are in Michigan this year... I'm trying to put some stuff together for me to go. Would anyone want to go? Maybe we could get some of us and some of the NY people together to roll over there and have some fun. What you guys think??? Things will be cheaper on us if we get some guys together to share rooms and stuff.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,302.0.html

Ive been thinking about it. I already have a trip planned out in August with the family. Gas prices may be a factor. It looks like it might be about 3 1/2 tanks to get there. Gotta wait and see still.

Glory and I have been talking about doing this, gonna leave her Av. home and take mine, ( 3.5 tanks x 2 trucks , one way, and again on the way back = 14 tanx o fuel [ ouch ] ) And thats not counting drive around town fuel !  :E:  :needhug:

I'de like to get more info such as who's going , depature date and time , drive times, lodging, final detination etc.etc. before we make any final plans. 

Drive through Canada and that will shorten the distance.

Marc... I know we need more info like hotel and all that. I just want to get the idea in peoples heads.

You folks should really come until you have been to a large event and see all the different AVs you have no idea how much fun it is.

I have some special plans, but I have to let BigC do his thing with the hotel stuff.

If you guys roll through Ohio, maybe we could hook up and cruise to Michigan together.  :0:
We'll have to see if our plans/schedules coincide.

KevMack said:
Marc... I know we need more info like hotel and all that. I just want to get the idea in peoples heads.
  Oh yeah , Kev,  sorry for jumping the gun on that.  That is a good idea to get the word out and get peopl thinking about it .

GoldBowTie said:
If you guys roll through Ohio, maybe we could hook up and cruise to Michigan together.  :0:
We'll have to see if our plans/schedules coincide.
    Thats the rt. I used to get to Wi. a couple years ago.    Not a bad way to go.

The route through Canada may be shorter distance wise, but you do have to deal with the lines at the border and customs, and you never know if they will want to search one of our trucks, so I think the southerly route will be the smarter choice.
I'm tossing the idea around, my main concerns are fuel costs right now. So we'll have to keep an eye on that, but I think it would be cool to get a bunch of us to convoy up there.

So Kev does this mean you are going to drive your AV up there? You know maybe you could find one of the guys that has a 2500 and get a flatbed and have him tow it there, that would work, just a thought.

James.

Running through Canada looks like it may save an hour or so. BUT...we would need a passport, or a passcard to cross the border. Passports are taking about 6-8 wks to process and the passcards take a few months. The time saved driving would probably be lost at the borders. Southern route looks like it may be the best.

james21 said:
The route through Canada may be shorter distance wise, but you do have to deal with the lines at the border and customs, and you never know if they will want to search one of our trucks, so I think the southerly route will be the smarter choice.
I'm tossing the idea around, my main concerns are fuel costs right now. So we'll have to keep an eye on that, but I think it would be cool to get a bunch of us to convoy up there.

So Kev does this mean you are going to drive your AV up there? You know maybe you could find one of the guys that has a 2500 and get a flatbed and have him tow it there, that would work, just a thought.

James.

LOL... well if I do drive it then the stock rims and tires are going on it just incase I have a tire problem I wont have a hard time getting one. But I'm waiting mainly for hotel info and everything so I can make sure I can swing the trip.

Well you could always carry the rims in the bed and we can put them on when we get there, so she's all set for the show & shine (y). It'd give me something to do with my Impact gun.

James.

james21 said:
Well you could always carry the rims in the bed and we can put them on when we get there, so she's all set for the show & shine (y). It'd give me something to do with my Impact gun.

James.

I need to get one of those!!!

I have the Snap On one but it was pretty expensive, but a lot more companies make them now, for less money, I just got the  one I have because its a Snap On, and they're the best shop tools you can buy. IMO.

James.

Ok trying to work this out, was going to ride the bike to Sturgis this year could do a veryvery bad thing and put the bike (my bike does not like to be in the trailer) and come to the GTG leave the AV and trailer  in New Holand and take the ferry ride  across lake mich. and continue out west. Not a problem right? Wrong, GTG is over on the 31st. Sturgis starts Aug. 8th. this means I need a month off. Don't think the Boss,AKA wife will approve. but I'll start tonight. As for the drive out stick to our nabors to the north the ride is great an I never had any boarder problems

Wow royalstar  it will be great to see you again.  (y)

The ferry is a great ride.

Hotel info has been posted/updated on the Hotel Info Thread, on the first post.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,125963.0.html

Chevzilla AV said:
Hotel info has been posted/updated on the Hotel Info Thread, on the first post.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,125963.0.html

Thanks for posting this guys!!!  :yourock:

02avy2500 said:
the 8.1 id diffidently not making That trip   :E:

That's Okay, you don't have to bring the 2500.  Like we say, "It's not just about the Avy, It's about the Family"

02avy2500 said:
the 8.1 id diffidently not making That trip   :E:
Why not? Gas isnt that bad,... yet.

James.

KevMack said:
Our Nationals are in Michigan this year... I'm trying to put some stuff together for me to go. Would anyone want to go? Maybe we could get some of us and some of the NY people together to roll over there and have some fun. What you guys think??? Things will be cheaper on us if we get some guys together to share rooms and stuff.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,302.0.html

Im not sure if I should be insulted Kev. Am I just not invited to anything with you??? LOL J/K (although I am pretty sure I am still not a guy). Anywho I am tossing around the idea of possibly making the trip. I gotta see how everything works out in the next 3 weeks or so with work and the kid and the bf and all. Ill keep u updated.

Back