• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Would you buy an Avalanche over again?

You've purchased a 2007-2011 Avalanche; would you do it over again?

• Is this a serious question? Of course I would!

Votes: 534 87.7%
  • Hmmm.... let me think about it... I'll get back to you...

Votes: 34 5.6%
  • Nope. I want something else.

Votes: 41 6.7%

• Total voters

Xfimpg

You've purchased a 2007-2011 Avalanche; would you do it over again?

Love it or Hate it, you gotta vote!!!   (y)

PS. Moderaters, please leave this poll in this section or not many folks will not see it! Thanks!

Only if it came as a 2500, so no  (n)

Bought a 2011 back in October. Honestly, there are a  number of things that bug me, so not sure if I would rush right out to buy another AV. But basically, it is a good vehicle.................

Chevy-SS said:
Bought a 2011 back in October. Honestly, there are a  number of things that bug me, so not sure if I would rush right out to buy another AV. But basically, it is a good vehicle.................

while I agree with this (# of things that bug me about the vehicle) I would definatly do it again, of the things that bug me most I have corrected thru modding.

it's my opinion that regardless of what vehicle I get there will always be something about it that bugs me, so best I can do is personalize the vehicle.

but I do agree with you Chevy-SS, there are a number of things I thing Chevy got wrong in the features and design, and a few more minutes in a focus group with actual AV owners and not some dorks and soccer moms they pulled off the street would have probably corrected these things.

I responded yes, but it's a sort of.

Had a 2003 - traded to the 2008.  Would NOT buy the 7-ups again, but would buy the 2003-6.

I voted yes and I like the 2008 better than my 2004.  :B:

For my/our purposes an Av is the perfect, niche APV (LT/>2 person transporter/vacation hauler/street winter 4x4) to supplement our individual, daily driver, personal sport coupes. My only, looming, dilemma is whether or not to replace the low mileage 2008 with a 2013 as the genre terminates.

Nope. I'm done with GM crap. I've had 3 BRAND NEW chevy vehicles 00 camaro, 06 1500, 08 Avy 38k miles. After about 2-2.5 years they start turning into junk. I cant justify a payment on a vehicle that feels like it falling apart THE LITTLE THINGS ADD UP!! I think Ford trucks age better than GM trucks.

Sadly I have to say since they do not have a 2500, I'd would get a Sierra Denali HD

MS03 2500 said:
Sadly I have to say since they do not have a 2500, I'd would get a Sierra Denali HD

Does this mean that you are not buying a Avalanche twice?  :dunno:

Originally purchased a 2002 Av and had some continuing problems with rear differential bearings which only was covered by a 3yr/36k warranty.  Loved the vehicle, but not the $$$ for off warranty repairs.  After 85K traded it in on a 2008 Av with a 5yr/100k warranty on engine drive train to presumably cover my problems with the 02 model.  Just turned 38K and have had the driver door electric lock actuator fail --- I certainly hope this isn't a harbinger of what's to come.----  Still love the vehicle and its versitility, but not up for $$$ repairs of poor quality parts.

traded my 03 2500 HD silverado for an 07 avalanche, rolled it last year and found another 07 -quickly.

enough said

90,000 miles on my 2006, and I'd buy one again, but...

..I'd probably go get an 2002-2004 model 2500 with 4x4 next time.

Oh, and I'd take it and drop in a Duramax.  >:D

My dad has 05 f-150 fx4 and my good friend has 06 f-150 xlt, both of them have had a cam phaser go out and it is $2500 repair. They both had this problem after the warrenty was up.

Ill stick with  :B:

I voted no cuz I bought the EXT this time?but ?technically? I guess that would qualify as another Av.  :D

I have noticed the TYPICAL GM corner cutting on this new truck though. The first thing that hit me is that many of the suspension components on my ?07 AV LTZ were forged aluminum?I see it?s all steel now.  (n)

Oh, and the nice swivel tie-down D-hooks are gone from the bed?replaced by some cheap stamped crap.  I?m sure as I continue to look closer, I?ll find more.  (n)

It?s "so" GM to continue to cheapen vehicles as they age in the current model cycle. Best GM vehicle to buy now is the first year model...after that they start to go downhill ?til the next redo. 

I love the versatility of the AV and would buy another one in a heartbeat over a standard truck or SUV.  The fit and finish of the 2010 is far above the 2003 I replaced but there are a few features I miss from my 2003 that were omitted in the 2007+ models.

Back