• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Guaging interest in a Coos Bay/North Bend GTG

TheArsenal33

SM 2011
There was some interest last year in going to the dunes this summer, so I'll get this started early.
I'm looking at doing this anytime from the begining of July all the way through October.
With the dates so wide open I hope to recieve some input on when and IF anyone is still interested in this.
I took my Avy out in the sand this weekend and it handled pretty well for being mostly stock.
Didn't go up any crazy hills but it floated right along, even with my quad in the back.   :B:

Attachments

• quad 1.jpg
    quad 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73
  • sand 1.jpg
    sand 1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 74
  • sand 2.jpg
    sand 2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 73
TheArsenal33..........great pics.  (y)  Headed to Coos Bay myself the weekend of 10/7/11. Towing my Jeep CJ7 out to run on the dunes with my '04 AV 2500. Used to have a couple of quads years ago but my bride would rather ride in the Jeep.

I will post some pics here after the weekend.

Trap

Hey Trapshooter  :welcome:

Sounds like your well prepared for fun at the dunes!
Looking forward to seeing your pics.
You might need a few more posts to actually post them...if you need a hand let me know.
I work Friday and Saturday that weekend but will have Sunday off if you are still around and want to try the 10Mile sand rd at Spinreel.
Goodluck out there....I'll keep my fingers crossed the rain holds off for you guys.

I go there once a year for West/AnTir war in the SCA.  Rarely make it to the oregon coast any other time as I am from Yreka

Welcome fgkell!

I can almost throw a rock and hit the dunes from my place so anytime you want to take a spin out there let me know.
There are also plenty of camping spots or hotels since your a few hours away. ATV rentals too.
I haven't heard much interest in the dunes so I didn't plan anything with concrete dates.
We went out the other day (only sunny day in a month) and tore it up. Had miles of prestine sand to ourselves.

Attachments

• ATV1.jpg
    ATV1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 23
I race motocross and offroad...not as much of a sand guy but always wanted a rail. If I lived closer to your neck of the woods, it would be very necessary to have a couple quads.

Back