• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Drive Inn GTG 5/21/11 Pirates...On Stranger Tides

chadstr

SM 2023
SM 2022
SM 2010
Its warming up  (y) the drive inn in Pueblo is open and I was wondering if anyone 1) would be interested and 2) what summer movies would you all like to see?

Here is the website http://www.carload.com/mesa.htm to check out what screens they are on, but for the most part any of the new movies are played. Its a great time (we go alot) and the Avalanche is the best drive in vehicle EVER!

We are going to go to the new Transformers movie...of course right. So if there are any others that you want to see post up so  we can start planning some dates based on release dates.

Chadstr

Here are a few release dates for some we want to see

April 29 Fast Five
May 20 Pirates of the Caribbean Stranger Tides
May 27 Kung Fu Panda II
June 17 Green Lantern
July 1 Transfomers III
July 22 Capt America

The Drive Inn is Already Open,  I wish the one on this side would open up soon,  And yes the Avalanche is the Ultimate in Drive Inn Movie Mobiles. 

I sure will....Friday night drags starts May 13, but its the 20th show id really wanna see, the Rocky Mountain Stick Shifters are gonna be there and they put on one wild show.......   :drive: :drive:

Starting a new job a week from tomorrow means I will now get some weekends off!  (y)

So I'll check with Nicole and we'll see if we can't get something planned to head down and join you all for a movie.

Since the stick shifters will be here on the 20th, I propose we get something together for this Friday for that. Also, the Pirates of the Caribean comes out on Friday, so I was thinking on Saturday doing a drive in GTG, unless its too much all on one weekend. Chuck, in either case these are night events, not sure if you and Nicole would want to make a weekend trip down like discussed before. Let me know. Ken, if you would like to set up the drag, you know more about it than I do.

Thanks,
Chadstr

A drive in movie sounds AWSOME, this weekend works for us.the Pirate of the Caribbean movie sounds good, melanie loves those movies. what time where you thinking of heading down there?

Well the gates to the movies open at 7:30, we try to get there by 6:45 or before which will be really important if we all want to park side by side, especially for a big movie on opening weekend. As far as setting up a caravan down to pueblo, we first need to know where everybody will be coming from so we can pick a place that works best for the majority, I would imagine somewhere along I-25 so those coming from Denver will be able to find it easy. It takes about an hour to drive there and we almost always order from Dominoes on the way so that the pizza is ready when we get there. That number is 719-545-2211. The website for the pricing is here http://www.mesadrive-in.com/ as well as the address in case there are any late comers of we get separated along the way. I will stress, they will not let me save spots for others, so if we are not all there at the same time, we most likely will not be parking next to each other. So we should be heading from the South side of the Springs around 5:30 or so.

Also, they haven't posted what movie will be playing with it or if it will be the later movie or not. Ive tried  calling and all I get is a answering machine. I will keep tabs on it and will post any new info here. So post if your interested and I will get a list started.

And I hope it don't rain on us like last time...right John  :laugh:

Chadstr

I'm working my last this weekend so have fun guys... Nicole and I are leaning towards Captain America later this summer.  (y)

I have to sit this one out.... have to work Saturday then continue moving the shop to the new facility. I am however gonna set up a drag race night for June sometime, Ill start a new thread....... have fun guys

I look forward to it guys. I just wanted to update, the movie that is playing on the same screen is Tangled I believe. Im not sure if we will stay for that one...unless pirates comes on last we already saw Tangled, but we shall see.

Anybody else up for a movie?

Just letting all that are lurking but are afraid to post that we are meeting at 5:00 pm on Saturday to head to Pueblo at 4095 Arrows West Drive Loaf & Jug.

Attendees:
Chadstr+3
SexyZ71+1
You?

Great time, pretty good movie, good weather...great GTG. Its starting to be a modding/movie GTG. Last two in some sort or another have turned into a little mod. Till the next movie....

Chadstr

Back