• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Removing 2004 Avalanche WBH fender flares

jldunbar

Hey, new to the club. I have a black, 2004 Avy WBH and I've been thinking about removing the plastic around the wheels. Is this advisable? (i.e. Will the paint be damaged underneath? Will it look good?) Pics of post-fender-removal Avys would awesome.

jldunbar said:
Hey, new to the club. I have a black, 2004 Avy WBH and I've been thinking about removing the plastic around the wheels. Is this advisable? (i.e. Will the paint be damaged underneath? Will it look good?) Pics of post-fender-removal Avys would awesome.

Well it may be damaged underneath, you don't know until you take it off. Chances are even if there is no damage the black underneath won't match the black of the rest of the fender after all this time of being covered.

Why are you wanting to take them off? I think they look MUCH better with the flares.

I live in the worst place for paint fade...took mine off without and problems and the paint matches.

100_3268.jpg

100_3267.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I think I will take them off; if the paint is faded or if it doesn't look any good I suppose it should be pretty easy to just put them back on again. I'll try for some pics later.

Also, side note, TXSZ66AVLANCHE, where did you get your grille (insert or all new?) and how much was it?? I like the look.

I hate that billet grill...its only there because a bird went through my grill. I got this one on ebay several years ago, dont remember how much it was.

I would have never even thought of removing the fender flares but after seeing your pics I think I'm gonna do it!

To those that have removed your black fender flares, would they go ON my av? I think I like the look with the flares better, and currently mine doesn't have flares.

eecyclone said:
To those that have removed your black fender flares, would they go ON my av? I think I like the look with the flares better, and currently mine doesn't have flares.
Personally I like painting the flares to match.  I just put mine on yesterday.  This isnt mine but it looks just like this except no side molding or running boards.
706724f0c80244b49c3ac198798025ff!20130306193551000.jpg

Back