• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

last nights 1/4 mile times

criss

so last night a buddy and i decided to take his 97 4.6 ford ext cab and my 07 avalanche to the local drag strip just to see what numbers they would put on the board. i was kind of impressed with my trucks time considering its completely stock. i had read that avarage times on these truck were from 16.9 to 17.1. i managed to get the best of a 16.5 @ 86mph 60'ft 2.599 manual shifting and 16.7 @ 86mph 60'ft 2.565 on D. i had other 3 runs but these were my best. i think i can do jus a bit better because when i shifted it kind of bogged down little. had a fun last night jus wanted to know what times it hits before goning fully bolt on and custom wideband tune.

IMAG0215.jpg

yes very slow compared to my other trucks, but jus for fun. i wasnt expecting neck breaking numbers.

One of these day I'm going to try that.

TXSZ66AVLANCHE said:
I hear ya, even with the LS1 in my Avalanche I still would not dare race anyone lol
i actually raced a friend when we got out of the truck. single cab 04 4.8 tuned i managed to stay with him till my passing gear, 30mph roll then it was all over for me. jaja it was fun getting beat. im actually looking for a 6.0 or a 6.2 id like that much better.

There are 6.0 's out there. A much stouter motor- more torque which you need for 5400 lb truck.

Avalon

avalonandl said:
There are 6.0 's out there. A much stouter motor- more torque which you need for 5400 lb truck.

Avalon
I was told I only need the 6.0 block but I'm not sure about if it's true.

Back