• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Performance Chip tests

wrongway

Here is a link to tests for performance chips:
http://www.performancechips.com/performance-chip-reviews.html
Some very intersting results if they can be believed, but appears the only affordable chip that works is the Motorsports Performance Chip which gets good reviews. I am interested in it but would like to hear from people who are using it or other chips and whether you are actually getting better gas milage using only octane 87. It is obvious from the test results that many chips degrade mpg & power and are just scams. :laugh:

I tried using Superchips flashpaq on my 03 av the past 4 months. I also added a K&L air filter at the same time, expecting to get around 2-3 miles per gal more. I ended up getting up to 2 miles per gal less. I brought the Superchip back to the store and got my money back. Now with just the air filter on, I get 1 mile per gallon more than my standard settings. Still looking for one of these gas chips to work, so if you have any information, I would apprecieate it.

Thanks
av4ever

That site looks to be a bit bias just by the name of it...

like RADARDETECTOR TEST.com..

some guy buys the Site name and sells the results to highest bidder...

Tell me what consumer reports says

hello,
i have a 03 z71 w/ ford keys and 35's i added a cai,new muffler and a diablosport predator, before mods i was getting 14.5 mpg city and after lift and tires got 13-13.5 mpg city, after cai,muffler and tuner i now get 16.3-16.5 mpg city, so i guess they do work. :D

Back