• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Electric Cooling fans for the 2500 that are not so bolt on.

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
After researching countless hours I found what I wanted. The Silverado and Sierra 2500HD and 3500 came with them with the gas engines. They will bolt to the 34 inch radiator.  Details to come.  (y)

Attachments

• 2500hd fan.jpg
    2500hd fan.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 398
I'm working on it, it has not arrived yet.

I need sumthin- My temp was at 210 on wedsday with the 90+ heat and didnt have the boat attached.

Avalon

Having done the efans on my 1500 I'm curious on how you're going to control them.

ohiobellboy said:
Having done the efans on my 1500 I'm curious on how you're going to control them.

You know already Painless (y)

I try to keep things simple

avalonandl said:
I need sumthin- My temp was at 210 on wedsday with the 90+ heat and didnt have the boat attached.

Avalon

That's interesting mine never goes over 180 unless there is something huge in the bed or behind it. Hopefully it will help the engine warmup in the winter it never get above 160. 

It was stopngo along 696 from southfield to Novi, and the heat was truly shimmering off the pavement.

Avalon

avalonandl said:
It was stopngo along 696 from southfield to Novi, and the heat was truly shimmering off the pavement.

Avalon
:jacked:

Right in the heart of Mi GTG territory and close to my brother. Why haven't I ever met you at a GTG up there? I've been to about 6 of them.

I'm VERY interested in this to help in stop&go traffic..  I didn't have a problem this past weekend going down the highway with 7k in tow, outside temps at 101?, A/C at 71?, she sat around 200, trans at 180..  but, around town, I think e-fans would be more up my alley, as I've noticed A/C performance dropping off at idle when stationary.

Since the 8.1 PCM is just like any other modern GM PCM, we should be able to program e-fans into them and add a wire into the harness to control the relays..  Just like the 5.3 guys do.

Will do Eskimo I'm thinking the fans are huge. The ones I am getting is 5 blades on one side and 7 blades on the other. But they do make a 9 blade that should push pull a lot of air.

I got them today even thou they look small too me the things fit except the mounting bolts do not line up, so don't go out buying them yet. I have to take off the shroud tomorrow and see what else I am going it have to fix(mod)

I have a friend at Schrams Auto that has a few of them. If I figure out the mounting issue I will ask one of the mods to help me with a group buy. Thinking about 125 plus shipping $40 flat rate in the 48 states

I am VERY interested MS03- I need to flush my rad but will wait until I have to do the fans.

Avalon

Just a reminder if you try this you gotta upgrade your Alternator to a 145 amp unit if you haven't already. From what I can see all 2500 came with the 105 amp.

This is turning into my Grrrrrrr Thread my radiator core is 38 inches wide not 34 inches back to the drawing board. :E: :E: :E: :E:

MS03 2500 said:
This is turning into my Grrrrrrr Thread my radiator core is 38 inches wide not 34 inches back to the drawing board. :E: :E: :E: :E:
You didn't research that before you bought them? I'm sure another member with a 1500 will take them off your hands for what you have in them.

MS03 2500 said:
Just a reminder if you try this you gotta upgrade your Alternator to a 145 amp unit if you haven't already. From what I can see all 2500 came with the 105 amp.

mine did :)

RPO Code VYU (found on the sticker in the glove compartment)

Snow Plow Prep Package, includes 10-amp power for backup and roof emergency light, (KG3) 145-amp alternator, high-flow front bumper, forward lamp wiring harness, 1.65" (42 mm) access hole with grommet in front of dash panel, roof beacon lamp provisions with switch on the instrument panel, instrument panel jumper wiring harness for electric trailer brake controller, (K47) high-capacity air cleaner and (NZZ) Skid Plate Package

MS03 2500 said:

Bummer!  On the other hand, if they pull enough air, some filler pieces could be made to fill in the gap...  The price suuuure is right!

My thought would be (without looking at the fans) would be to cut out the stock shroud slightly smaller than the fans, bolt the e-fans to the 8.1 shroud, seal the 2 together with black RTV, then bolt the shroud/fan combo back to the radiator?

Yeah it sure looked promising, after more reading it appears that the stock fan pulls more than 10,000 CFM so now I'm trying to find some that can at least do that.

Oh ya I found a thread on another site the guy ran into the same thing

Performance Trucks

I saw those but they are only 31 7/8 wide

Back