• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tune by Tuna August 14, 2011

Chevzilla AV

SM 2011
SM 2009
The Tuna has spoken!!
The show is back at Smith & Wesson.
The parade to the Shriner's Hospital for Children is a go!!
Sunday August 14, 2011
10 am to 5 pm
Smith & Wesson
2100 Roosevelt Ave
Springfield, MA

SHOW CAR GATES OPEN AT 8:00 AM - 12:00 NOON: FIRST COME> FIRST IN!

In 2009, the AVs made a big showing!! Final count(I think)was 15 AVs and an EXT. We had AVs from NY, MA, and CT show up. Most of us did the parade, which is by far the most rewarding thing you can do in an Avalanche.

Last years show ended up being a last minute affair for the Shriner's. With construction at Smith & Wesson, a Ford dealer stepped up to host the show. Cramped parking, no parade, and only 3 of us were able to make it.
:needhug:

This year is going to be different.....hopefully!!! Stock, modded, or daily driver...it doesn't matter. If you ask any of those who did the 2009 show and parade, there is nothing more rewarding than doing this show and the parade. I know we do alot of shows here, but this one is well worth it.

So who's in on putting a smile on a little kids face!!! (y)

1-Chevzilla AV
2- (y) GRUMPE
3- : :beating: AvyPrncss
4- (y) 75%
5- (y) james21
6- ??? Kevmack
7- (y) OLD NO.7 Avalanche
8- (y) Avlanch0251
9-  ??? Ross_G
10- (y) Fireinferno
11-  ??? Troublemaker
12-  (y) TIMMAY

Its on a Sunday and local.  I will be there if theres a few other members showing.

We can do the cook-out thing again at the house again before everyone heads back if you want.  We can get a food list going or I can just pick some things up.

It would be great to see some members again.  Havent made a gtg since the 2009 Tuned by tuna show..

And YES the drive to the childrens hospital is the best and to see the kids outside watching the cars/trucks drive by with those big ol smiles on there fast is priceless.

RON

(y)

Ron-Still holding on to the AV?

I figure we can figure out how we'll all meet up once we see who is able to make it and from where. Final meet-up spot will probably be the truck stop off the Mass pike where we have meet in the past.

I'll be there nick (y)(y)
I actually drove by Smith & Wesson yesterday, and I looked across the way and there was a factory totally destroyed by that tornado, but S&M was untouched, pretty amazing.

James.

Thanks for taking care of this Nick... putting my show together been like having a 2nd job. I should be able to make this.

I'll be there without a doubt  (y) Doing the parade to the hospital was fantastic! Seeing some of the children outside waving was rather heart wrenching but it shows no matter how much they might hurt they were in good spirits.

I will try to get there this year I am going to Scottland till the 12th and I am not sure if I will be up to it but I am a definite maybe.

Chevzilla AV said:
(y)

Yup still got her.  It didn't work out, now not looking to sell since the gas has come down some, hopefully it will stay down.

RON

Might be willing to make this one.  Kids don't have school yet (until after Labor Day), so I would just need to take Monday off, which is certainly do-able.

Are there plans for those who do not live in the area to stay in a nearby hotel and come up on Saturday, hang out, do the BBQ thing, and then drive over to the hospital on Sunday?  Only asking because it would be about a 4-hour drive for me, and it's tough getting the kids up and out by 6am!  LOL

Sorry everyone, work has me running around like a mad man lately.....

TM-I know we might have a NYer or 2 coming and also another NJer who plans on coming for the show. I'm sure there is a hotel around the area. As for a possible cookout/bbq, I'm not sure at the moment. Our host 2 years ago just de-AVed himself and I haven't heard anything concerning it yet. BUT, there is always a few of us who tend to get something to eat after the shows. PM me if you need some more info!!

I have this running on several sites at the moment. Not everyone is a member on each site, but it looks like we may have 13+ AVs attending if everyone can make it.

Chevzilla AV said:
(y)
GRUMPE said:
Yup still got her.  It didn't work out, now not looking to sell since the gas has come down some, hopefully it will stay down.
RON
Hey Ron....whats up!?!?!?! You going to show off the 300s?

I got rid of the Av but still plan on going to hang out with you guys and have a good time. Looks like its going to be a good turn out.

Probably will take the wifes 300, its a little more modded then mine, (for now)  :laugh:

We can still do a bbq at the house afterwards before everyone heads back out on the road if you want.

Maybe we can start to get a food list together or everyone just rattle off what they want to bring and I can pick up the rest of stuff that will be needed.  I just can't afford to get everything.

RON

Fireinferno said:
Ron I'll plan on bringing some burgers

OK GREAT!!!!

I'll keep track of who bringing what.

RON

******What I can do is have my wife meet us at the truck stop and she can bring everything back to the house and put the stuff in the refrigerator /freezer

I am pretty sure I will be there are we meeting at the same place? I am going to clean the truck before we leave so it will be ready for the show.

Ron do you need anything for the after party? pm or email me let me know.

Troublemaker said:
So how does this work?  We show up at the S&W car show @ 8am, then we head over to the kids' hospital at 10?
The parade happens at a certain time all the cars from the show go down and past the main entrance of the Shriner's. Going for 10 wont work as there wont be anyone there to watch unless that's when the parade is scheduled of course.

TM-Ross has got it right! They cruise to the hospital, in the past, has been before the presentation of the trophies. Usually by the time the last car leaves S&W, the first ones are returning. The last time it was at S&W, I think everything got wrapped up aroound 4ish.

For the last 2 shows, we have meet up at a truck stop that is just off of the mass pike around 10 AM. It's the best way to ensure that we all get to park together, and it's pretty impressive seeing all the AVs pull in together. Won't lie to you though, it's easily an all day event for those of us who live in the state. BUT, it is well worth the time.

RLaBarre2 said:
Count me in for the show/parade!
(y)

Chevzilla AV said:
TM-Ross has got it right! They cruise to the hospital, in the past, has been before the presentation of the trophies. Usually by the time the last car leaves S&W, the first ones are returning. The last time it was at S&W, I think everything got wrapped up aroound 4ish.

For the last 2 shows, we have meet up at a truck stop that is just off of the mass pike around 10 AM. It's the best way to ensure that we all get to park together, and it's pretty impressive seeing all the AVs pull in together. Won't lie to you though, it's easily an all day event for those of us who live in the state. BUT, it is well worth the time.

^^^^^ What he just said!!!  (y)

noticed you didnt have the link to the web site so here it is.
http://www.tunebytuna.com/
check out some of the pictures also there is a pretty silver and blue hayabusa that I am checking (my bike) there are also 2 pics of the avalanches including Kevins very prominent doors.

Back