• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Car!

dichris

Finally got rid of my 2000 Impala, replaced it with a 2011 VW Jetta TDI.  Basically cut my fuel expenses in half!  This is important as my work commute is now double!

Still have the Avalanche!  Spent too much on it to get it to tow our trailer with no issues. 

Attachments

• IMG-20110617-00403web.jpg
    IMG-20110617-00403web.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 108
dichris said:
....., replaced it with a 2011 VW Jetta TDI.  Basically cut my fuel expenses in half!  This is important as my work commute is now double!
Congrats.
A few questions for you
without telling what you paid, what was the sticker on it?

What kind of mileage does it claim to get?

My work commute also just doubled  :E: and I don't ride the bike in foul weather so I feel your pain on the commute.

Just looked at VW's site. It's claiming 30/42 with the standard transmission.

Update on car!  Back from holidays..

I haven't finished the 2nd fill up yet, but its currently only @ 6.7 L/100kms right now for the tank! 42 MPiG or 35 MPG with approximately 580 kms traveled and computer stating still have about another 210 kms left.  2nd fill up was 745kms @ 52 litres or 465 miles @ 11.45 Imp Gallon or 13.75 US Gallon

This week I have done some some mileage test based on computer.

Basically its from work to home (32kms) 20 miles   ( 9 traffic lights and 3 stops signs )

Speed @ 118 kms/hr 73 MPH (cruise setting ) for 28kms highway run. Rest is city.  AC on     5.6L/100kms or 50 MPiG, or 42 MPG
  Speed @ 110 kms/hr 68 MPH (cruise setting ) for 28kms highway run. Rest is city.  AC off     5.0L/100kms or 56 MPiG, or 47 MPG

Basically I would say normal driving, work and around town is giving me a range of around 800kms/500miles.  VW claims that for city rating and 1200 kms for highway.

Soon I'll have a long cruise test for it thus seeing what I can really get on the highway.  170 km trip one way.  Thus will have better idea of real world highway numbers.

Sticker price was MSRP was $26,750.00 plus all the taxes and other stuff!  Car is the 2.0L Turbo diesel Comfortline with the multimedia package and 6 speed automatic.  It would be nice if it had another gear or 2, so that the engine RPM would be near 1800 @ 120kms/hr, but it doesn't!

Yup!  Did the window tint mod already.  Had the dealer do it before I picked it up. 
Want to add a rear spoiler with brake light
Performance chip to get the torque from 235 to around 280, horsepower from 140 to around 170. 
Other mods, are european highlight switch (rear fog option),
New taillights (LED with rear fog lamp)
European outside mirrors (eliminate blind spot on driver side)
Exhaust tips
Turbo Intercooler - again better performance

Back