• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Should I take the plunge on my '05 z71???? AND MOD

hightower

Alright guys, I need some advice.  (or perhaps more like encouragement?)

I'm going to college in 6 weeks, and I've been working all summer for my dad in Atlanta.  I work as a general contractor, so I get paid more than minimum wage at a fast food joint.

Now, I need advice on if I should mod or not.  I'm assuming most of you will say yes, and I can't blame you, but if I am going to, I need advice on what to do.  I really like bang for the buck mods, and DIY mods.  But like I said I've got a job and some money to spend, so I'm open to suggestions.

I don't want to be like every other high school kid with a loud exhaust and a lift.  I'd like my mods to have some purpose.  I've considered stuff like a roof rack, front and rear custom bumpers.  A Budget Lift for clearence purposes as I've bottomed out before while trail riding.  I should mention I can weld, and I'd like to fabricate some of the parts, although I don't have a tube bender...

My old man pays for my tires, and my BFG ATs are wearing down, so if I pick up a set of rims he'd probably help cover the tires.  Recommendations?  Perhaps a BL and a few extra inches on the tires would be nice?

Anyways, I'd really appreciate some insight into what you guys recommend. 

:B: :B: :B:
34o7pnd.jpg

Hauling my restoration project:
e96vwg.jpg

P.S.: This was my old man's truck before he gave it to me for my 16th birthday.  If only I could get him to mod his '08 z71 Avy.....    >:D

Ambers, Sail Panel LED's, All-4-On-High are all simple inexpensive (under $30 total) MOD's.

Some people have also painted their brake calipers with some high-end paint.

Strobe lights, train horns, light bars are some of the more expensive ones, but are very effective.

Some cheap mods that are always different and not too expensive.  You can search here for descriptions and instructions.  I've even included budgetary pricing.

Sail Panel LEDs (Search Lighted "Sail Panel Screws") <$50.
Line of Fire (LOF)<$100
Leveling the front end - <$100 (Free to level, $$ to get the tires re-aligned)
Painted Bowties - <$10
Painted PowerBar - <$10
Full Time DRL and All-Four-On-High - <$5

2x everything chAVey said. You can actually get the sail panel leds and holders for alot cheaper now, I paid somewhere around 15 for 10 of each shipped. I also paid something close to $30 for the tailgate led strip on ebay. Its held up great for the past year.

I've did a search on here for the lighted sail panel screws but could not find out anymore info on them.  What am I looking for and where can I find them!?!??

g_castelow said:
I've did a search on here for the lighted sail panel screws but could not find out anymore info on them.  What am I looking for and where can I find them!?!??

Try this  http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,21719.0.html

MS03 2500 said:
Try this   http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,21719.0.html

Perfect and thanks so much.  I am usually able to find everything I need on here w/o any problems.

Back