• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Are Avy/Silverado/Tahoe Parts interchangable?

AvManTony

Just wondering if any of the parts from a Silverado or Tahoe would fit on our Avy. I wasn't able to find anything searching here or on google. I'm thinking 06 and earlier would be able to use parts from the silverado and possibly older body style Tahoe (I have one but its much older so its not much help to compare) and 07 and later would be able to use Newer body style Tahoe parts. Am I totally nuts for wondering this? I do understand the pickup/ AV frames are different but for accessories they seem similar enough. Thanks.

Depends on which parts.

Ok maybe my searching skills need some work I tried again and found a couple

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,117392.0.html
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,115525.0.html

THanks for the heads up though I'll just make sure and come back here and do some homework before I commit to anything I do here. Just was wondering since last weekend I ALMOST botched a job on the tail lights trying to black it out with Night Shadesand with so many more Silverados out there than Avalanches they seem like parts would be easier to find and cheaper to get if I do any more mods.

Once again it depends on which parts you are looking for. Post it and we will answer.

Some parts are interchangeable...

Some are not...

depends on AVY, donor vehicle and part..

many interior parts are interchangeble...In fact I bet about ALL

add Yukon/Sierra/Escalade '02 to '06, alot of stuff is interchangable

Certain parts like electronics are more year specific,...wiper motors for instance, I think '05 or '06 they changed them. They look the same, they'll fit but they won't work. 

Oh cool, I didnt think about the Escalade having interchangable parts, and double thanks about some fitting but still not work that probably just saved me lots of frustration in the future.

Yes most interior parts are interchangable Denali XL Escalade EXT and ESV. Most of my interior is Denali XL. Exterior is a whole different story with a AV with lower cladding.

Maybe ask here first before wasting your money, trust me on this.

MS03 2500 said:
Yes most interior parts are interchangable Denali XL Escalade EXT and ESV. Most of my interior is Denali XL. Exterior is a whole different story with a AV with lower cladding.

Maybe ask here first before wasting your money, trust me on this.
I was reading the comments here. I need a rear passenger side door for my 02 avalanche but
the only thing I can find in exact color is one from a Silverado. Some say it is exact same door
and others say it wont work because my AV has the lower cladding.  I thought the lower cladding
could easily be put on the Silverado door? I really need help with this. thanks

Why not just remove the cladding from your existing bad door so you can see the difference in the door skin that we are talking about.

Maybe that would clear up a few things for you.

EXT4ME said:
Why not just remove the cladding from your existing bad door so you can see the difference in the door skin that we are talking about.

Maybe that would clear up a few things for you.

I like the cladding and its ofcourse all the way around. My rear passenger door has dents and I just wanted to
replace the door, rather than have it repaired, and the only door I can find at the moment is from a Silverado.
He tells me its the exact same door and that the cladding will fit onto it. I just don't know

strawberry said:
I thought the lower cladding could easily be put on the Silverado door?

Not easily and probably not a good idea to try if you have to ask.

I think it's possible on a rear door but unsure how much work it would be.

I should have added it would be easier to remove the dents than modify a panel.

strawberry said:
I like the cladding and its ofcourse all the way around. My rear passenger door has dents and I just wanted to
replace the door, rather than have it repaired, and the only door I can find at the moment is from a Silverado.
He tells me its the exact same door and that the cladding will fit onto it. I just don't know

Alaska_AV. Check out his builds and pm him he would know if it is possible and how much work. I would check with a local body shop. The shop I use uses piantless dent repair. They come to the shop once a week I had my AVY in for repair. So asked him about getting my hood dent taken out he looked at and told me about them. It coast me $60 dollars to have them do the hood can not tell where the dent was. They just have to be able to get to the dents like any braces in the way.

strawberry said:
I was reading the comments here. I need a rear passenger side door for my 02 avalanche but
the only thing I can find in exact color is one from a Silverado. Some say it is exact same door
and others say it wont work because my AV has the lower cladding.  I thought the lower cladding
could easily be put on the Silverado door? I really need help with this. thanks

Sorry I'm not sure where you are getting that info from, but none of the cladded AV exterior body parts interchangeable with anything and like you found out the aftermarket parts do not fit very well. The non cladded AV share the same tailgate and upper cladding. 

Like another member stated take you time finding used parts they are out there, but then again they all are over 10 years old. When I got a price quote to replace a rusted fender with a  genuine fender it was over 1,900 bucks

Dented doors can be a real pain. I fixed up a 95 pickup years ago that had both doors pretty banged up and this is what I found out... I searched sell it papers and junkyards for weeks before i found one good door (Craigslist and eBay weren't around back then, lol). So for the other door I got an aftermarket outer skin. When it was all done my body guy had almost the same time in on both doors! That being said, if it's not something a dent removing guy can fix and you can't find the exact color door you need off another AV, get a replacement skin.

Back