• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cruisin The Whites 2011

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Wanted to get this out there, so people can start to figure out if they can make it this year. Planning to do another run through the White Mtns in NH on the Kancamagus Hwy in late September or early October to see the changing leaves. Want to try to get more AVs this year than last. Last year was great but a little crowded since it was Columbus Day weekend. With the way its been dry this summer, I'm thinking that the leaves will change earlier, so I'm planning on the first weekend of October right now, So please post up what dates you think you can make, I will check as the time grows closer to see what the foliage reports are like. And like last year we'll probably stop somewhere for lunch on the way there, probably the place we stopped last year and then after the cruise if anyone wants to grab a bite we could do that as well.
Lunch at the Pizza Barn

Itinerary
0830-0930: Meet Up at NH Welcome Center on I-95 (Just over the border)
0930ish: Depart rest area and head for second meet up at Lowes in Rochester NH (Exit 13)
1100: Depart Lowes and head to Pizza Barn for Lunch
1300ish: Depart Pizza Barn and Head for the Kanc (if anyone needs gas we can stop before the Kanc)
1400ish-till we're done: Make our way along the Kanc ending in Lincoln

At last stop along the Kanc if anyone wants to stop in Lincoln for Dinner like last time, we can discuss it at that time.

Attending:

1 - Camarogirl
2 - Duneit
3 - Kevmack
4 - Erict1234
5 - Hot Rod
6 - Chevzilla Av  ???
7 - 04#231
8 - WarWagon
9 -

Maybe Attending:

1 - TIMMAY

James.

Rite now I can say the w/e of Sept. 24 & 25  is no good for me as I will be at the NASCAR race in Loudon those days.

Avlanch0251 said:
  Rite now I can say the w/e of Sept. 24 & 25  is no good for me as I will be at the NASCAR race in Loudon those days.

I will be with him!!!

If my Av is okay, I'm avail. any weekend. It's so pretty up there! I  :love: the Kank!
I really need to find someone who knows the Av to drive her though. I am certain something is not right, but my b/f's mentality is... it's fine until it actually breaks.  :E:
Some days I just wanna  :beating:    >:D
Karen

So it seems that The first weekend in Oct is going to be the best one to shoot for. So lets plan on that, so who's up for it?

James.

So, you're thinking Sat Oct. 1 or Sunday Oct 2 right? I'll probably join in! But if I come, someone better bring cake! It'll almost be my birthday :E:

camarogrl said:
So, you're thinking Sat Oct. 1 or Sunday Oct 2 right? I'll probably join in! But if I come, someone better bring cake! It'll almost be my birthday :E:

We can get cake!!!  (y)

camarogrl said:
So what kind of cake do you like, I do know a place that makes some wicked good cupcakes (y).

James.

Alright, well looking around my neck of the woods, there are about 10% of the trees that are turning already, a few were already red, so Oct 1 or 2 is the date. Which day is going to suit everyone, a sat or a sun, either day works for me.

James.

Well, either one is good for me. Would prefer Sunday so I can clean her up nice on Sat. Just let me know what day to head North!! Oh and James, chocolate, white or yellow are all quite tasty! Lol

Well on that note, do you like Guinness and Bailey's?

James.

Well I was going to ask, what people thought about our lunch stop last year? I think it was the Pizza Barn, I thought it was alright, wouldn't mind stopping again. Any thoughts?

I figure it will be Sat Oct 1st, seems most people find a Sat more appealing that you have another day before work again.
Also will need definites on this date, so I can start a list.

James.

Back