• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How did everyone get their AV in Europe?

Jared

My wife and I are strongly considering moving to Poland in the next year or so.

The only stipulation she has put on the move, is that we bring the Avalanche.  I'm not going to argue with her!

I realize there are a few mechanical/electrical changes that need to take place to bring it to EU standards.  And I have been searching the forums but haven't see anything specific.

I think about selling my 2006 here and picking one up when we arrive, but I just worry about the condition it would be in.

If anyone has any advice, suggestions or specifics, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jared

Put amber rear turn signals in place of reverse back-up lights, add 1 back up light on the right and 1 fog light on the left, both under the rear bumper.

Buying an AV in Poland may not be a good deal ... they are much more expensive in EU.

Hi Jared,check this web site ,Lihuania web site....I see to find you a Poland web site for you
not many Avys here....I live here for two years an only seen one......there is more H2,H3 and Stretch Limo's around
where in Poland you moving to....I'm only 100 KM's away from the Poland Border...but Poland is pretty big Country for European feeling
http://auto.plius.lt/naudoti-automobiliai?make_id_list=94&engine_capacity_from=&engine_capacity_to=&power_from=&power_to=&kilometrage_from=&kilometrage_to=&make_date_from=&make_date_to=&sell_price_ltl_from=&sell_price_ltl_to=&fuel_id=&gearbox_id=&body_type_id=&steering_wheel_id=&color_id=&has_damaged_id=&number_of_doors_id=&condition_type_id=&fk_place_countries_id=&need_stats=1&older_not=&order_by=2&order_direction=ASC&make_id%5B94%5D=1257&qt=

http://www.autogidas.lt/lengvieji-automobiliai/?f_1=Chevrolet&f_model_14=Avalanche&f_41=&f_42=&f_215=&f_216=&f_2=&f_245=Visos+%C5%A1alys&f_60=728&search=Surasti
here is avalanches in Poland  (y)

Do you want to stay there forever or just for a short time?
If it is short you can dtill drive with your US registration and you don't have to change anything. But as soon as you are officially living there you have to get an european registration. I'm not sure how hard is in Poland to do this but here in Germany it's a  :badidea:

Do you known exactly where in Poland you want to live? Poland is far from me (500km) but only 60km from my wife's parents. And I visit them at least once a year.

Schelbi.

machrychar said:
Put amber rear turn signals in place of reverse back-up lights, add 1 back up light on the right and 1 fog light on the left, both under the rear bumper.

Buying an AV in Poland may not be a good deal ... they are much more expensive in EU.

Please bare with me regarding the questions... While I've driven around in Europe a few times, I've never paid that much attention to the lighting for vehicles.

Would changing the turn signals/back-up lights require running new wires?

For the "new" backup/reverse light and for the fog light, is there any recommendations as to where or how to mount them?

Schelbi said:
Do you want to stay there forever or just for a short time?
If it is short you can dtill drive with your US registration and you don't have to change anything. But as soon as you are officially living there you have to get an european registration. I'm not sure how hard is in Poland to do this but here in Germany it's a  :badidea:

Do you known exactly where in Poland you want to live? Poland is far from me (500km) but only 60km from my wife's parents. And I visit them at least once a year.

Schelbi.

We are thinking of making this a somewhat permanent move.  Things change, but this wouldn't be less than a few years.

We would be leaving near Radom, about 100km south of Warsaw.  My father-in-law says he knows a mechanic that could make any changes needed, but I'm hoping, when we move, that I can make the necessary changes before I ship the AV.

I'm on the wrong side of Canada for quick shipping.  My next task is to find a shipping company that will either deliver to Poland or I'll be looking for advice on how I need to register/insure the vehicle wherever it arrives.

We would be shipping a few household items as well, so I keep thinking I should look at getting a half container or something.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Jared said:
Please bare with me regarding the questions... While I've driven around in Europe a few times, I've never paid that much attention to the lighting for vehicles.

Would changing the turn signals/back-up lights require running new wires?

For the "new" backup/reverse light and for the fog light, is there any recommendations as to where or how to mount them?

Picture is better than a speech... and also easier to me.  :rolleyes:

To get turn signals in place of back-up lights, you've got to rewire them. You also need to wire the new back-up light and the fog light.

Attachments

• image-copyright.jpg
    image-copyright.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 95
Here in Sweden you don?t need to change lights if you move here and take the car with you   :B:

My Corvette is that way = no cutting in the electrikal system, but my Ava is changed  :needhug:

So check out the rules more exakt  (y)

But I don?t understand why you would move from Canada to Polen  :eek:

Back