• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hurricane Irene

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
So Who's in the crosshairs? I know my gf is in Plymouth, Going down Friday to help her board up some of the windows and make sure she has enough supplies.

James.

Well they said the winds will be greatest along and east of the track. Its saying 60mph sustained on Sunday in Plymouth with 103mph gusts.

James.

Best wishes for you all over that way, stay safe.

Well, I bought a lantern and a poop-ton of D batteries this morning.. (last time the power went out the cats almost set themselves on fire with the candles) so fear not MAssholes... we will now get nothing! Every time I have prepared for a storm we get nothing exciting.  :laugh:

But in all seriousness... everyone stay safe if Irene does decide to beat us up!

Yeah Irene is still supposed to be near Cat 2 strength when she comes ashore in NYC, so that should be interesting for you guys.

James.

That's one thing about a Hurricane you can't predict exactly which way it is going to go.

Looks like it's coming on shore stay safe.

I've spent some weekends in Ocean City, Maryland. I hope it's still there next week   :cautious:  

The bad thing is there are 2 high fronts over the midwest that may slow it down some or maybe push it out to sea.

Attachments

• wheater.jpg
    wheater.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 113
Old No.7 Avalanche said:
Don't worry, where I'll be, there is a parking lot and beachfront so I'll have some good pics. :cool:#7
Yuo sure you want to be near the beach, they were talking about a storm surge of 2-4 ft, I don't think our trucks float that well, and 2wd won't help you run away from the water fast enough.

James.

After going through the west side (weak side) of Katrina....the only thing I will say is that if they tell you to leave.........
LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going home tonight after work and Clean up the yard.
put all Lawn furniture & toys away, take down hanging plants off porch.
and tie off trampoline to a tree.

Bring your umbrella! Oh come on Irene........What do you call an asian lady with no arms and legs leaning on a wall..... Seriously Folks be safe!

Here in NJ, we've already brought in all the outside plants or put them against the house where they won't be too damaged (or cause too much damage), took down the basketball hoop, and put all the other outdoor stuff in the garage.

Bought a gas-powered chainsaw last night, just in case some trees come down.  I figure I won't be able to use the electric chainsaw I've had for a couple years now, if the power goes out...  Stocked up on food/water, and filled the tank in the AV in case they force an evacuation.

Gonna be fun.....

Good Luck TM the storm seems to be moving up the coast.

Looks like she is slowly going north good luck everyone

usa_None_anim.gif

Back