• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Modding GTG September 10th 10:30 AM

badtuffstuff

SM 2010
SM 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all ages,
Badtuffstuff proudly brings to you the Modding Get Together of the year!!!!!!

That's right all, it is time to break out the tools, break out the food, and mod up the AV's.

This GTG's sponsored mod:
Rear window screen!
That's right. a screen to replace the rear window lets the air flow without letting bug in!
plus there will be plenty of help for that mod you have been just WAITING to install!​

So Come one come all!​

Where: Badtuffstuff's house
When: 09/10/11 10:30 AM
Who: ALL OF YOU!
Why: Because we can!
What do I need to bring?

Just bring the color paint you want for your screen edge. I have Black.
    and a side dish. I will be Smoking a Pork Butt! and bring you own drinks   

Please let me know if you want a screen ahead of time so I buy enough material!

If there are any questions, just let me know.

Sounds like the Bomb. 
1.  -  Count me in on the screen.  (y)
2.  -  Figuring and trying new ways to put in my sail Panel lights.  :needhug:
3.  -  Taking off my half dead line of fire.  :beating:
4.  -  Wanting to figure out a way to unbend my Brush Guard  :help:
5.  -  Seeing if Utah AV is still alive  ???
6  -  A little wash and wax if weather and time permitting  :B:

Just me as Nicole is working.    :(

You know I will be there.  :cool: If not all the time I will at least park my AV there so it looks like there is something going on!  :wave:

Ok. everybody. The Screen materials are purchased. pork will go on the smoker at 8:00 PM tonight. See you all in the morning!!!!!!

Lynette and I will stop by for a little while in the morning. Sorry, no modding to do on the AV right now. Chris, I do need some advice about audio for the sierra though.

Thanks,

-UtahAV
-Mark

I was posting from my phone before so I didn't give many details about the stereo for the Sierra. I though I would give you a few more details to be thinking about. I know nothing about this stuff so I hope I don't sound too stupid...  :E:

I picked up two JL Audio Subs with enclosures from a friend. (10" I think)

I assume I need an amp to run the subs.

I want to replace the front and back speakers. I know that the fronts are 6.5" round and will need adapters to fit. I can't find a reference to the size of the back speakers. (2002 GMC 2500HD, LT, Ext Cab, 4x4)

The amp and speakers need to be either JVC or Infinity (I'll explain later)

I want to keep the price reasonable but can use mid level or slightly better components. (I'll explain later)

I need a new basic head unit. Just a basic unit will work. I do want an Ipod hook up. It does need to be capable of adding an XM car kit to it. CD isn't necessary but would be nice. Single disc is fine. I figure I will buy teh head unit from Crutchfield.

No idea what I need to hook everything up??

See ya tomorrow,

-UtahAV
-Mark

Good GTG!  Got my screen done and my new LOF strip on.  Came back sunday and finished Cris' Screen.  They look pretty grand.  Have a few ideas to finish them up.  Need to get into my third break light and my sail panel lights so they stop hanging every time I take it through the wash. I need to check in with Rod to see if he can snag me a couple of sail panel screws and two tail gate rubbers.  (y)

Thanks for hosting Chris.

OOPS. I canot believe I forgot to post here after the GTG.
I had a great time and actually got a lot done.
got the easyup and easydown installed and they make a world of difference.
Here are some pics of the screens.
screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

I think I was actually passing through SLC on my motorcycle when this was going on!  :E:

Ha ha...I didn't notice the year and thought they were getting a head start on fall mods.  I have two sail lights out, they work but I think the connection is loose.  I was gonna get it fixed then...but alas, I am 8 months late.

Back