• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Got the new Volant CAI with Powercore installed! (With Pics)

shepherdbrooks

It stays quiet while just cruising, but you can really hear it when you step on it!  Very easy install.  About 30 or 45 min.

photo27.jpg

photo43.jpg

photo36.jpg

photo5.jpg

Tpicks55 said:
Nice job.  I did mine last year with the Volant and I now get 18 to 20 mpg on my 07. (y)

Wow what was your before fuel economy? I just got mine and so far it's terrible! I've been driving nice as possible and it's 13.89 mpg. I did just find out I have a 4.10 gear ratio

I put this on my 2013 and it boosted mpg 2 mpg.  It use to get 19 and now on level roads it will get 22 at 65 mph.  Putting on a flow master exhaust will help it breathe better and Im told do better in mpg but I havent tried it yet.

I want to put a volant in mine. That’s a clean looking application. Are they worth it?

Not sure you will get a reply from the original poster since they haven't been on site since Feb 2nd 2013. (hover over a posters name and you can see when they were last on site fyi).
Almost everyone sings the praises of a CAI when they first buy them, I think they want to believe the money spent was worth it. The main thing they seen to do is increase intake noise on acceleration. Most of what I have read is that any mpg increase is usually wasted because the driver punches the gas to hear the intake noise. Any performance gain is in the higher rpms which most of us don't operate in on a daily basis. For best results combine a CAI with a well designed exhaust like Corsa Sport Cat Back system and a professional tune. Also fyi Corsa makes a CAI to match their exhaust.

Not sure you will get a reply from the original poster since they haven't been on site since Feb 2nd 2013. (hover over a posters name and you can see when they were last on site fyi).
Almost everyone sings the praises of a CAI when they first buy them, I think they want to believe the money spent was worth it. The main thing they seen to do is increase intake noise on acceleration. Most of what I have read is that any mpg increase is usually wasted because the driver punches the gas to hear the intake noise. Any performance gain is in the higher rpms which most of us don't operate in on a daily basis. For best results combine a CAI with a well designed exhaust like Corsa Sport Cat Back system and a professional tune. Also fyi Corsa makes a CAI to match their exhaust.
I have seen the cords exhaust. I always wondered how it sounds. I’m sure you tube has some vids on it. Thank you for the reply.

Many older threads on Corsa exhausts, almost all positive. Some threads may have links to videos with sound clips etc. It has a deep throaty sound at start up and acceleration but is quiet at cruising speed and it's specifically designed for No Drone in the cab so no need to turn up stereo or yell to talk to passengers. You can find sound clips on their website as well.

Back