• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

06 Avalanche XM digital radio reciever

buchanan_66

I just bought an 06 AV and hooked up the XM radio.  Everytime I shut the truck off the XM stops working and I have to have the signal sent to it again.  The dealer says I need a new digiatal radio reciever.  I have found some on the internet that are cheaper than dealer price but I don't know which ones are compatible with my stereo.  Anyone know which ones I could use with this stereo?  Found one that says it works with 04-06 Chevy Delco stereos but then lists just 04-05 AV.

:welcome: to the club  :wave:

I don't know if you did this or it will help but the activation instructions say to park the vehicle outside in an area with an unobstructed view of the southern sky and leave the vehicle outside with the ignition switch in the ACC position and the radio on for 30 minutes to activate XM service.

Sometimes they can be a PIA to get to work right. When I first did mine they had to clear the old owners info out.

Back