• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Is a cabin air filter kit available for 2011 AV?

Chevy-SS

I read through some old threads, but not sure where cabin filter status is. Just curious to see if anyone has any updates on adding a cabin filter, or new place to buy kit.

I am having some serious allergic reactions  :eek: to my 2011 AV out-gassing (chemicals in interior air from plastics) and I have read that a carbon filter is a big help. So, I am desperate to add a carbon cabin filter.  :p

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  (y)

Thanks.

-

old-chevy-dude said:
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,57221.0/all.html

Yeah, thanks. I had read through that already. Those kits apparently are no longer available. Plus, that thread did not have any step-by-step guide to the mod. I only saw one "before and after" pic.

I'm not afraid to cut that air box up, I guess I'll just have at it. Does anyone know which filter set has the 'carbon' filter?

thanks

top one..
http://www.familycar.com/autoparts/chevrolet/avalanche_1500/cabin_air_filter.html

this is a mod I have planned as well..  IF I get my truck back from the dealer  :E: only been there 3 weeks for a Nav/GPS issue :rolleyes:

If I get to it before you I'll post pictures.

the top one is the one I bought and it has the charcoal in it (is that what you meant by carbon?)

Hey, thanks very much OCD(y) Are these charcoal filters available at NAPA or Autozone? It looks like it's basically a 2002 Avalanche filter set, is that right?

Thanks again, Dave

This looks like the best filter for me. Can someone confirm this will fit?

Thanks!!!

AV-cabin-filter.jpg

-

Carbon/charcoal filters will not really remove the outgassing problem...

As they are a gas not a particulate.

you need air scrubber like on submarine... or maybe Ozone Generator ...

Don't these filter only the exterior air coming into the cabin?
Or do they also filter the recirculating air inside the cabin?

GoldBowTie said:

Hey, this is really a great question.  (y)  Does anyone have a definitive answer?

-

GoldBowTie said:
ON the 2002 they filter everything right before the blower... so both....

Or is it after?

Back