• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stuck in the Mud... (PICS!!!)

RedVictoryZ71

I left the house on the cool fall day to do some wheeling and found a dried-ish holding pond, with steep sides that me and a buddy were climbing up (he has a Toyota pickup on 35s). I went a little too close to the mud, the truck clawed at the hill, ended up at an angle to far over, meaning I had to get through the wet dirt to get out.

4LO and all-terrains werent enough for the spongy mud! bottomed out the driver's side to the bottom of the cladding to where I had to climb out the window.

Pictures!

Notice the sand ruts on the wall:
DSC00466.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Got out with the help of a stranger with a Chevy 1500 Z71 with 9" of lift and 37"s yankin on me. At least it was a  :B:

Got out with the help of a stranger with a Chevy 1500 Z71 with 9" of lift and 37"s yankin on me. At least it was a  :B:
[/quote]

When I was reading the story I thought you were in trouble with only a Toyota around.  :eek:

That toyota was the only one around when I got stuck, but we were fortunate enough to have this guy with the lifted Z71 roaming around the same area at the same time.

All he wanted in payment was a case of beer!  >:D

yeah we don't charge anyone to pull them out. my luck i'd end up stuck and someone would try charging me...

No charge but I'll accept a donation if you insist  :p 

Great shots! You've got some guts going out there.  My AV is allergic to dirt  :laugh:

Perfect shots, a little one way right no problem, the other way you're sunk.

Lower tire pressure might have helped but it's too late once you ground the frame.

From the ruts in the first photo more than one truck got stuck there  :cool: 

Looks like Arizona "white" mud...it looks harmless...then PLUMP...down to the axles. It sticks to anything like crazy too. Nasty stuff...I stay away from any light colored mud these days.

Here in Montana we have concoction we call " Hoot Mud ".  What happens is when the local  hooterites (spelling is wrong, don't care) fertilize their fields along the rivers they use something that must lower the density of the dirt but when you drive through it the mud/fertilizer mix literally sucks you down so hard it basically vacuum seals your truck to the mud.  If you get stuck you better hope you have a friend with you otherwise it :sucks:

MY FIRST EVER STUCK ING MUD!!!

and the dodge couldn't pull me out it took two Toyotas and a 10,000lb winch but the 2500 4 door long bed cummins diesel in 4wd on semi loose dirt couldn't spin the tires in a dead pull.........

Back