• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear Quarter Panel Rust Above Wheel Wells

nmorrell

Does anyone know of a repair panel to fix the rust above the wheel wells? Mine has it on the right side, although I've seen others with the left side rust.

Thanks.

It's one big piece

1 Panel, Outer Side Avalanche
w/Body Cladding R #14.5 15094758 $1,006.47
                       L #15.0 15094757 $966.48

w/o Body Cladding R #14.0 93440580 $1,067.18
                          L #14.5 93440579 $1,020.11

Escalade EXT        R #14.0 15164415 $1,070.04
                          L #14.5 15164414 $1,086.37

Attachments

• rear fender.GIF
    rear fender.GIF
    33.9 KB · Views: 353
Thank You very much for that information. It could prove to be valuable.

But, I was thinking more of a smaller portion of the quarter panel just around the wheel opening.

Thanks.

I haven't seen a patch panel for it, I did do a couple internet searches with no luck

Yeah, if you don't want to pay alot.  Cut out the rust and have a welder tack in a piece.  Sometimes you can get a really good deal on aftermarket parts but it's still labor intensive.

Our 02 started bubbling there at 8 years and now my 04 just popped a bubble last week.  I cut the area out and welded in new metal . The key is to get the piece of foam out of that area that traps water and salt  and makes it rot.  Just a simple angled patch panel is all that needed.  Just make sure you drill a few holes and drown the area inside after the repair with undercoating .   
Im also thinking when I do the 04 I am not going to paint the whole quarter panel to match and paint the bump the color of the cladding so it looks like it matches the truck.  Maybe a little texture to mimmic the cladding.

Thats a good point... Don't be afraid of painting.  It's easier than you think.  Get your surface as smooth as possible, if you need some bondo it's fine, just keep it thin.  I was able to use a nice high build primer only.  Go with 380 grit to 600 and pray on your color with 50% overlap, I used 3-4 coats on my repair.  Then within a half hour put your clear coats on, I went with 3 coats, first one is light.  The trick with clear is 2nd and 3rd coats, lay it on as think as possible without runs.  Then you can either leave alone if its near the tires or cut and buff it.  Go 800-1200-1500 grit,,,then buff to a shine.

The problem I had, was my mud flaps wore through the paint at each fender.  And rust was forming under each mud flap.  They were the rigid plastic kind...FYI.

Ed 

Its been a while since this thread was discussed.  Anyone found a quarter panel patch panel yet?  I found one for the WBH but not cladded. 03 Avalanche

I wish that had the panels for the area under the cladding, only place I found for that is this site

https://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=C-860C-RH

MS03 2500 said:
I wish that had the panels for the area under the cladding, only place I found for that is this site

https://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=C-860C-RH

That website has the wheel arch for for less money that the fixmyrust site.

I know this is an old thread but i'm sure the rust has had time to return. 
Claddyllc.com might help  Claddy llc on facebook as well.

Interesting idea of a fender cover, but if you cover it you may want to use some Rust Encapsulator.
You can't stop rust but it will slow it down.

http://www.eastwood.com/paints/rust-solutions/treatment.html

Back