• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Removing front bowtie emblem

AcmeRkt1

I just picked up a 2011 Z71 Avalanche and I am in the process of removing and replacing the front emblem, but just cant seem to figure it out.  The instructions say to push in some tabs but I cant see it.  It feels like the thing is bolted on or something, any tips for a new guy?  I have done a search. 

Thanks Jason

I just did mine on my 08 LTZ. There are 2 10mm bolts behind the grill to remove the bow tie. You can get to these if you have skinny flexible arms or just remove the 10mm bolts for the grill and GENTLY pull forward. Remove the bow tie from the grill.
I painted mine and love the look. I will try to upload some pix if any one is interested in painting the stock emblem. I'm sending this from my phone so it may take a minute or two.

Thanks,  what was throwing me off was the sticky rubber holding the emblem to the grill.  I figured that the emblem would just pop off once the 10mm bolts came off.  I was afraid of pulling to hard, the whole grill felt like it wanted to break apart.  I ended up using a screw driver to break the rubber loose and the emblem came right out.  Thanks again.

I wish I had read this sooner.  I took the two nuts off last night but the bowtie didn't come free as expected.  I didn't want to pull too hard because I feared breaking something.  I thought surely there were some plastic tabs or something I was missing.

I plan on replacing my bow ties over spring break... I'm debating on taking off the rear bow tie or just masking and then painting... Any suggestions? Can you post pics of your bow tie?

betancourta said:
I plan on replacing my bow ties over spring break... I'm debating on taking off the rear bow tie or just masking and then painting... Any suggestions? Can you post pics of your bow tie?

Not sure if you've done this yet or not, but the dealership can color match your vehicle and paint the bowties (or anything else) for you. 
On my last two Tahoes I had the back pieces on either side of the rear window color matched

My problem is the Pearl White Diamond tri-coat is one of the most expensive paints on the planet.  I'm not a fan of a lot of chrome, and I hate the gold.  So I'm personally stuck right now.

Back