• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Winter GTG Toronto, Ontario, Canada 2012

silver_bullet

Please post here is you are interested in a GTG on Saturday January 22, 2012 at the William's Coffee Shop at the corner of Thickson Rd. and Bloor St. in Oshawa at 10:00am.

We would love to come hang out with some fellow Canadian Av enthusiasts!
We just got back from "Holiday Dinner 5" in Bronson MI. (21 Trucks, Great food, and an awesome time).

Attachments

• 2011-12-03_13-15-46_687.jpg
    2011-12-03_13-15-46_687.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 172
DirtyGirlAva is right... It would be great to attend a Canadian GTG.
We attended a few in Michigan, including the 2011 Nationals. The holiday dinner was a great time. (Stogen you missed out on a great dinner!! plus they had a sled auction right across the street, must've been over 800-900 sleds!!!)
We would love to get to know our fellow Canadian AV fans. At least you guys won't make fun of "my accent" and the fact that "I live in an igloo, eh!" lol!!!

Attachments

• Enjoyin' Life!.jpg
    Enjoyin' Life!.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 170
Dude I wanted to go so bad, but the wife was working. I didn't wanna travel solo. Plus I just started my own business so all my cash is tied up.

I have put this in my calendar, but too far away to make any promisses.

This time can you put up a sign so I know who to walk up to?
Since I have never met any of you it's difficult for me to walk around asking "Is that your AV out there" to everyone in the coffee shop.

Thanks for organizing this.
Ken

I'm not very familiar with "the Sha" but it might be nice to incorporate another event for everyone to go to after we meet up, drink our coffee and check out everyones rides. Maybe a good laser tag place or something similar, where we can have a little fun and get to know everyone a little better. Maybe even a modding session if someone has access to a garage. I've found it's easier to justify driving 4 hours one way for something more than a coffee.

I would love to make it to a GTG in Canada some time soon but I have to get my passport renewed.  It expired in September and I forgot about it.

silver_bullet said:
There will be a sign this time.  Like I said, I don't have much experience at this.

In Michigan we all wait outside standing near our Avy's until everyone arrives for a little "Meet and Greet" before heading inside.  (even when it's freezing outside)

DouglasOak said:
I'm not very familiar with "the Sha" but it might be nice to incorporate another event for everyone to go to after we meet up, drink our coffee and check out everyones rides. Maybe a good laser tag place or something similar, where we can have a little fun and get to know everyone a little better. Maybe even a modding session if someone has access to a garage. I've found it's easier to justify driving 4 hours one way for something more than a coffee.
what did to have in mind for
A mod I have lots and lots of tools. Althow my place is like an hr away from the gtg, hmmmmmmmmmaby an after party mod fest aty place  ???

You're on my way back to Windsor, so that would be cool. I had an alarm and audio shop for years, so any electrical/lighting mods you wanna do would be a cinch for me. LED sail panel lights, Full time amber DRL, maybe some Refinish Restorer (hint, hint) If anyone wants to do some mods... Speak up NOW, so we can get all the parts in order and ready to go when we get there. I should have my train horns by then, and it might be a good time to do them. Also any LED strip lighting, or audio upgrades, I may be able to help with.

BigC Mich said:
I would love to make it to a GTG in Canada some time soon but I have to get my passport renewed.  It expired in September and I forgot about it.

In Michigan we all wait outside standing near our Avy's until everyone arrives for a little "Meet and Greet" before heading inside.  (even when it's freezing outside)

FTDRL's are a little bit like me... Cheap and Easy. Train Horns, not so much. Lots of work to install, and around 550 U.S. For a good kit. You can get cheaper ons starting around 299, but you get what you pay for. Anyhow think of some mods you want to do, and I can bring some of my tools as well.

I've installed a few sets of train horns and they usually take all day to install.  Mounting the horns, running all the air lines and wires, running wire into the cab for the button.  Count on at least 8 hours.

Well I'm down for the drls and John aka intimidatoage from the nationals gave me a good site for the train horns, maby if we order togeather it would be cheaper, I have an address in niagra falls newyork 5 minuits past the border I order my stuff to so we could skip the duty charge and get it cheap!!!!!!

BigC Mich said:
I've installed a few sets of train horns and they usually take all day to install.  Mounting the horns, running all the air lines and wires, running wire into the cab for the button.  Count on at least 8 hours.
  I'm down for a weekend of train horn istalation !!!!!!!!!!

Hummm I maybe interested in this one. But you may want to find a warm garage for installing train horns.

If everything goes acorrding to plan(which it rarely does) my tank and compressor should be mounted in the spare battery location, horn mounted, plumbing and wiring done... But my momentary pull switch will still need to go in. I really want a pull cord like I had in my Freightshaker and my Kdub 900!!!

I gather you mean Saturday Jan 21st, which I will not be able to attend to due work schedule.  But if our customer cancels the shift, then I'll be able to attend!  Fingers are crossed!

Back