• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Spotted Ambers on Rt 6 in Westchester NY 1/18/12

Roody650iAvy

Saw an Avalanche today on Rt.6 in Westchester, NY around 4:00...I flashed my high beams at you, gave me a wave  :wave:

Anybody from on here?

Roody

:notme:
But I grew up right across the river from there and used to take my Two-Wheeled toys over there all the time when I lived there.

jmuller62 said:
:notme:
But I grew up right across the river from there and used to take my Two-Wheeled toys over there all the time when I lived there.

where'd ya ride?

Roody, Might have been me if it was an indigo blue 02 Z71. I work in Peekskill(Charles Point), so I travel the "Goat trail"(RT6) a bit from the Bear Mt. Bridge to the Anneville Circle(Rt9).

Delsmallies said:
Roody, Might have been me if it was an indigo blue 02 Z71. I work in Peekskill(Charles Point), so I travel the "Goat trail"(RT6) a bit from the Bear Mt. Bridge to the Anneville Circle(Rt9).

might have been!  do you have wide offset wheels and big tires?  could have sworn the truck i saw was on at least 33"s

also, where in PA are you?  spend a lot of time out in the Poconos and at the Lost Trails ATV park in Dunmore

Roody650iAvy said:
where'd ya ride?
Roody,
I grew up in Nanuet. Me and my buddies (usually anywhere from 15-20 of us at any given time) used to ride up the PIP, cross the Bear Mtn Bridge, Sometimes we'd go up 9D, but mostly we'd take 6 to 9, head North to the Hudson Highlands State Park.
We'd go back across the Newburgh Beacon Bridge, down 9w and 218 through Storm King, to the Bear Mountain Inn. We'd head up Perkins Memorial Drive for a while and back to the Inn.
Always had to stop off for a beer or two before heading home.
Great ride on any given day, but mid October was always my favorite time for that ride.
Riding up the valley is the one thing I miss most about NY. I'm near Charlotte now, and I do enjoy the Asheville area here, but the Hudson Valley will always be home.

Nope, not me then...Stock height, stock rims and rolling on 17s.

I'm just across the Delaware River in Pike County, PA...I have a long enough Daily commute to Peekskill. Dunmore would add another 45 minutes to my ride, but yes I've heard of the ATV park.  :B:

jmuller62 said:
Roody,
I grew up in Nanuet. Me and my buddies (usually anywhere from 15-20 of us at any given time) used to ride up the PIP, cross the Bear Mtn Bridge, Sometimes we'd go up 9D, but mostly we'd take 6 to 9, head North to the Hudson Highlands State Park.
We'd go back across the Newburgh Beacon Bridge, down 9w and 218 through Storm King, to the Bear Mountain Inn. We'd head up Perkins Memorial Drive for a while and back to the Inn.
Always had to stop off for a beer or two before heading home.
Great ride on any given day, but mid October was always my favorite time for that ride.
Riding up the valley is the one thing I miss most about NY. I'm near Charlotte now, and I do enjoy the Asheville area here, but the Hudson Valley will always be home.

yup this is a hell of an area for a bike  (y)  would LOVE to get a Harley but i'm scared sh!tless  :E:  no matter how many miles i ride on the quad and how hard the trails are i don't know if i'll ever have the balls to ride on the street

Roody650iAvy said:
yup this is a hell of an area for a bike  (y)  would LOVE to get a Harley but i'm scared sh!tless  :E:  no matter how many miles i ride on the quad and how hard the trails are i don't know if i'll ever have the balls to ride on the street

Shoot, I was 16-19 at the time. I did this on a 125 Honda Enduro!

Back