• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Air/fuel Ratio Gauge

HOFFandGOLDMAN

Hello,

My brother bought me a spec-d air/fuel ratio gauge. And I would rather not take it to someone and have them charge me 200 bucks to install a 50 dollar gauge up to my O2 sensor so I am probably going to do it myself. My Question is does anybody know if i can use my stock O2 sensor? My truck 09 av has no cats in it anyways and the cats were programmed off my computer so my light on the dash isn't always on, I don't think this will affect the install of the ratio gauge though. If you have ant tips for me that would be great!

Thanks,

Logan

Brand, does it have to be in the exhaust or just electrically connected, separate ?

No cats?  do you still have 4 O2 sensors? Have your O2's been programmed out of the computer as well?  If yes to either, place the A/F gauge's sensor in a non-used O2 thread.

Yeah it has to be into your exhaust in the area where you O2 sensor is. The brand name is SPEC-D. I dont know if am going to keep it cause i dont want to buy a new O2 sensor. I will put up the link.  

On a stock avy and most other vehicles there are 4 o2s. 2 before the cats and 2 after. Since you don't have cats, when you tuned them out, you also tuned the last 2 out. You don't have 4 o2 sensor threads, you only have 2 and there both used. You can have one welded into your pipe right behind an existing o2 thread and thread it in there. Do you have a pic of your a/f parts? If im right you can splice it into an existing sensor but if not, o2s aren't expensive.

I just looked at the link you sent.  It doesn't say ANYTHING about the product!  Does it come with the O2 sensor? Do you splice it into an existing O2 sensor? I'm a bit concerned that an A/F gauge can be had for $60 when most run $150-500, depending on features.  Is this simply the gauge, without the "computer" to read/interpret the gasses?

LMFAO. Yeeeah man. haha. I dunno about you, but I still have university! Definitely cannot skip out for a road trip to the states! haha.  Although would be nice to get away from the cold. Lol. Sick of minus 25 degrees C every day. Lol.

we_fly_high said:
Im sure between the three of us, we can figure it out. So, ill buy some more beverages (y) and you 2 drive to Oklahoma! Problem solved! See you soon!

If you lived in the Keys  :cool:  or something...I'd be soooo there!  Sorry.  :rolleyes:

We had the boat out at the lake with a 71 degree day last week (y) Just saying  :laugh:
Im going to have them email me some instructions on the install. The best way to figure something out like this is to call the company that makes it and see what they suggest doing.

Just because y'all don't wanna come out and play, doesn't mean im not buying bee... beverages... :cheers:

Back