• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WV WWW X Food Thread

brheas

SM 2017
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
Post your ideas about the traditional Saturday night "Eating" here. I will update the 1st post in this thread as people post what they plan on bringing.

Here is the list so far:

02 Z71 - Burgers, charcoal, mustard, ketchup, tomatoes, onions, assorted RT 11 chips
BBB - Brisket, coleslaw  & ABT
GoldBowTie & Toots - Deviled eggs, bowtie pasta, hot smoked sausage links, brownies, paper plates, plastic ware
Sanofhee & RCHeliGuy - Buns, Creamy Sausage Bagels, coleslaw, lemonade and cups
BnGBleeder - Sweet & Sour meatballs, paper plates
Mrs WVAV - Cheesy Potatoes, some type of dessert, and pasta salad, napkins and JELLO  :love:
Tpicks55 - lasagna
OldVMer - Baked beans and World famous hot chocolate
4x4dreamer - scalloped potatoes, homemade peanut butter fudge

Bring some extra storage containers so everyone and take home some of the left overs. As we know from the past, there is always too much food  (y) :love:

I am going to treat you guys to some of my Brisket...and possibly some ABT (Atomic Buffalo Turds...I mean Treats)

02 Z71 said:
BBB - Brisket  & ABT (spicey chicken wings)

Nope...these are Jalapenos stuffed with Cream Cheese, Homemade Chorizo Sausage, Cheddar then wrapped in bacon...so you think that is good...well then I smoke them for several hours...

Here is a sneak peak of what to look forward to...

IMAG0205.jpg

2011-12-15_09-42-36_343.jpg

Lookin good BBB.

Toots says we'll bring deviled eggs and our usual bowtie pasta.
The pasta is served warm and has only four ingredients - pasta, broccoli, butter, pepperoni.

Here is what I am envisioning....

2012-02-11_18-17-36_163.jpg

2012-02-11_18-17-43_446.jpg

If someone wants to bring buns and some coleslaw...we can have this...

2012-02-11_18-21-29_9.jpg

BTW...I will bring my Homemade Texas Brisket Sauce also.   (y)

Put RC and I down for the buns.  (I would make the slaw, but I have no idea how!!)  We will also bring Cracker Cookies and stuff to make Creamy Sausage Bagels for appetizers.  Let me know if we need to supplement more.  :D

1st post updated

I'm not ignoring this thread... I just figured I would wait and maybe fill in some of the blanks one others have said what they are bringing.  :wave:

Add from me "hot smoked sausage links."
I got them at the Jungle Jim's GTG.
Only six of them because I'm not sure how many people will want any - they are a little spicy but not too bad.

GoldBowTie said:
Add from me "hot smoked sausage links."
I got them at the Jungle Jim's GTG.
Only six of them because I'm not sure how many people will want any - they are a little spicy but not too bad.
So you're tossing in the leftovers you didn't like?  :laugh:

We'll bring some Sweet and Sour Meatballs, they can be eaten on a bun if ya like or just on paper plates...we'll bring some buns for them and probably grab a pack of paper plates at Sam's while we're at it .

ohiobellboy said:
So you're tossing in the leftovers you didn't like?  :laugh:
Nah, I bought two packs - one for me, one for WV WWW.
I was going to bring both, but thought I should test some first.  >:D

I think I have decided to bring Cheesy Potatos, some type of dessert, and pasta salad. Along with the napkins and JELLO. :wave:

I got some paper plates just because.  I don't want to be doing many dishes.  Question is should I get some plastic silverware or just use cabin silverware.  Silverware isn't that bad to wash.  Also going to bring some brownies.

Got the blender packed for just in case we want some girlie drinks. 

Is the first post going to be updated to give us an idea what needs to be added????

Sorry, I lost track of this post  :E:.

The first post has been updated.

Looks like we have lots of main dishes/meats.  The Mrs says she will do baked beans and her world famous hot chocolate a.k.a. sin.

--OldVMer

Picked up the Briskets today.

Also got some Chorizo and Bacon for the ABT's.  Will be bringing my homemade BBQ Sauce. 

MzBBB is making two types of coleslaw (Creamy and a Vinegar Based).

If someone wants to bring some "store" BBQ that would be great.  There may be a need for a fire extinguisher for the ABTs.    :laugh:

My sister-in-law gave us a bunch of plastic silverware and what I already had, think we might have enough for the weekend.  Some are from kids' birthday parties so some of the silverware are party themed but think they will work just find.  Ran them through the dishwasher to make sure they are nice and clean.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I am planning on bringing storage containers to fill with all the good stuff everyone is bringing.   Heard Gemma makes a mean lasagna, I sure want to take some of the leftovers home.  Same with everything else.  We always seem to have more food than what can be eaten, so it would help out everyone if we all brought containers to take some home.

Toots said:
Don't know about the rest of you, but I am planning on bringing storage containers to fill with all the good stuff everyone is bringing.  Heard Gemma makes a mean lasagna, I sure want to take some of the leftovers home.  Same with everything else.  We always seem to have more food than what can be eaten, so it would help out everyone if we all brought containers to take some home.

Great idea! The first post has been updated.

Add us for cole slaw (BBB - I need TTTs recipe, please!), and the cracker cookies.  We're also bringing some lemonade and cups.  Anything else we might be missing?  Just let me know. 

Can't wait to see you all!  :love:

Sanofhee said:
Add us for cole slaw (BBB - I need TTTs recipe, please!),

Sandy,
PM me your email address and I will have TTT get them to you.

Thanks for the help.

John

Sanofhee said:
Add us for cole slaw (BBB - I need TTTs recipe, please!), and the cracker cookies.  We're also bringing some lemonade and cups.  Anything else we might be missing?  Just let me know. 

Can't wait to see you all!   :love:

Sandy,

Here are the two kinds of coleslaw that I make:

Creamy:
1 bag coleslaw
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons vinegar
4 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons celery seed

Vinaigrette:
1 bag coleslaw
6 tablespoons vinegar