• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What's the difference between LT1 LT2 LT3?

ces

I own a '08 AV LT. I've only had it for a month, so I'm still learning a lot about it.
I'd never heard of LT1, LT2 or LT3 before visiting this website.
How do I tell them apart and figure out which LT
I have?
The original owner upgraded the stereo so I don't know if my Av came with factory navi...
but it does have leather, rear drop down dvd, dual climate control, heated seats, folding mirrors and reverse sensors. all factory.
I looked around for 20 minutes and couldnt find any real info on this so your help is appreciated.

I'll put this pic in case the exterior holds any clues

-3-5.jpg

Hello, I'm not for sure but I think they are just option packages. Some times GM bundles different options

I don't know if the sticker in your glovebox has a listing for the LT codes but it will give you codes on all the factory items on your AV when new.
Maybe if you go to a dealer with your VIN # they could run up a history or print a copy of the window sticker?

The LT codes are trim levels and LT1 is bare bones stock, LT2 has more accessories and then LT3.....the LTZ is the top of the line with all options.

I have a 2008 and if you wanted the Z71 option (4WD Offroad version) you needed to get the LT3 package. So technically my 2008 is an LT3 Z71.  The LT3 did come with the rear entertainment system and navigation I believe.
Most of the trim upgrades between the LTs were in the interior so a photo of the exterior doesn't help much, sorry.
If you can find an advertising brochure from 2008 it will have a chart showing the upgrades.
Good luck with your search.

I too was curious after I bought mine two years ago. You can find the level of LT that your truck was factory equipped with by looking at the RPO codes inside the glove box. From what I understand, the 3LT group is most of the LTZ package, without the appearance. There is a full listing of RPO codes on this site. Good luck and enjoy your avy! 

1e7f2a40.jpg

ces said:
I own a '08 AV LT. I've only had it for a month, so I'm still learning a lot about it.
I'd never heard of LT1, LT2 or LT3 before visiting this website.
How do I tell them apart and figure out which LT
I have?
The original owner upgraded the stereo so I don't know if my Av came with factory navi...
but it does have leather, rear drop down dvd, dual climate control, heated seats, folding mirrors and reverse sensors. all factory.
I looked around for 20 minutes and couldnt find any real info on this so your help is appreciated.

I'll put this pic in case the exterior holds any clues

quick 'n easy....LT1 cloth, LT2 leather, LT3 power folding mirrors

Brochure has LT3 Standard with the following options unless otherwise noted Optional. Some availability for LS, LT1, LT2 as well:

Convenience Pkg 2 (optional): heated windshield washer system & Rainsense wipers

Mirrors: Body-color, pwr folding, heated; include ground illumination, driver auto-dim, curb tilt and turn-signal indicators (mirror caps are chrome on LTZ and available on Z71)

Rear Park Assist Sensors (standard on LT2 as well)

Locking Rear Differential (optional on all trims / standard on LTZ)

Optional 6.0L V8

Custom Leather-appointed bucket seats with 10-way power, driver's memory, driver/passenger power recline and lumbar
Custom Leather-appointed 60/40  split folding rear bench seat

Dual-Zone Climate (Standard on LT2, LT3, LTZ)

Rear-view Camera system (Optional on LT2, LT3, LTZ)

Remote Start (Standard on LT2, LT3, LTZ)

AM/FM Stereo w/6 disc CD/MP3 player and Aux jack

Bose 7 Speaker system including subwoofer

Rear Entertainment (optional on LT1, LT2, LT3, LTZ)

NAV Radio (optional on LT2, LT3, LTZ)

Rear Seat Audio Controls (Standard on LT2, LT3, LTZ)

Z71 Package (available for LT2 & LT3)

Correct me of I'm wrong. But I believe that the 3LT was also standard with "sun & sound" (p.moon and Bose) and home link. I also believe that both front seats are 12 way power. I'm just kind of going on vague memory, and the belief that mine is a "bare bones" 3LT.

Mine is an 08' LT3/Z71

I don't have a sunroof but I do have Bose and HomeLink, seats are 10-way.

I don't have NAV, Rear Entertainment, or Backup Camera either. I don't have a roof rack either.

It is a mess , I have cloth seats , no nav , do have sun roof , rear stereo , rear back up , and i wont go on and on but I am thinking each trucks trim had standard options and then people mixed and matched add ons at time of purchase. And my I preferthe cloth seats over the leather my last Tahoe was leather not bad but the cloth is a lot more driver friendly.

SunburstOrangeMetallic said:
I tend to agree with this statement.  The LTZ is going to have the chrome mirrors, grille inset, and door handles/side moulding(?).  Its also going to have the air ride suspension.

Look here for option availability http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2008/chevrolet/avalanche/options/

My '07 LTZ doesn't have any chrome. I do have the air ride. I see most LTZs have chrome though. Was it an '08 and up thing?

turbojimmy said:
My '07 LTZ doesn't have any chrome. I do have the air ride. I see most LTZs have chrome though. Was it an '08 and up thing?

I think mid 07 they added a chrome upgrade package that became standard in 08 or 09, maybe mid 08 for becoming standard.

Or maybe optional in 08 and standard in 09 I don't remember.

Wazbro said:
I think mid 07 they added a chrome upgrade package that became standard in 08 or 09, maybe mid 08 for becoming standard.

Or maybe optional in 08 and standard in 09 I don't remember.

Thanks.

I like the chrome grill a lot, but IMHO the rest of the chrome is a bit over the top. I might pick up a GM chrome grill one day, but installation doesn't look like it's any fun.

Back