• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bratfest VIII, Sunday, 9/2/2012.

Fowlhunter

Hello everybody!  It will be here before you know it, yes Bratfest!!!  Please see below and the attached link to the park with a map of the shelter location. We are still in McNair Park but moving to a different shelter.

What: Bratfest VIII
When: Sunday, 9/2/2012
Where: McNair Park, Shelter #1, St. Charles, MO.
http://www.stcharlesparks.com/148/parks/mcnair-park.php

Attendance List
Fowlhunter
OBB and Twiggy
MyBigToy
Richie_Rich
Joelg1980
MS03 2500 - maybe
Donnie1
ThE KiiD
chevyfan + 2
bluedevil + 4
Darren + 3
avdavidw + 1
BigC Mich + 1, maybe
Rocket - maybe
Tdybr27
cvanjeep + 1
Main One

FOOD THREAD

HOTEL INFO

It's a little too far away (date wise) to say for sure but DirtyGirlAva and I are considering making the 10+ hour trip.
Just checking with others from Michigan, Ohio, and Indy to see if we can get a little carAVan together for the trip down.
We will probably stay in Dayton, Ohio Friday night and head out from our hotel Saturday morning(ish) to St.Charles for Saturday afternoon/evening.
(I-75 to Dayton, I-70 to St. Chuck)

DouglasOak,

That would be a very long drive, but if you can make it please do. Last year was my first and it was really cool.

Last year I took the kids and was only able to stay a couple of hours, but this year I'll be sure to stay for several more hours.

We both work for Choice Hotels so rooms are cheap for us, I think it's about 3 1/2 hours to Dayton, then another 6 1/2 - 7 hours from Dayton to St. Charles (not including pee/smoke breaks, and feedings.)

don't stop in Dayton ... there would be some cool stuff to do Sat ....

Family and I went last year ... we didn't leave home until the oldest got out of school (3:30pm) ... drove straight thru ... was there by 11:00 pm .... (gain an hour along the way) .... went to the arch and Bud on sat last year .....

not sure if we will make it this year .... will have to check with the family ....

I'm only about an hour from Holy (Toledo) so that isn't too bad for time.
I just thought if we could meet up with some of the Ohio crew and gather up a couple more peeps on the way it would be fun.
Everything is up in the air for now. I can't leave Friday till at least 4pm.
I would love to see the Bud plant (no pun intended) I love Busch! (OK they just keep getting worse)

DouglasOak said:
I'm only about an hour from Holy (Toledo) so that isn't too bad for time.
I just thought if we could meet up with some of the Ohio crew and gather up a couple more peeps on the way it would be fun.
Everything is up in the air for now. I can't leave Friday till at least 4pm.
I would love to see the Bud plant (no pun intended) I love Busch! (OK they just keep getting worse)

I love touring the brewery! If you make it up I'll see about making time on that Saturday to go with

If we have any gas money left after the Nationals we may get to this GTG again.

For those of you wondering about the location of the new shelter, it's just up the road a little from the old one. This one has a playground right beside the pavillion for the kiddies and the restrooms are a little closer and also within site of the the pavillion. We're giving up some room in the parking lot but I think for the kid's sake it's a good trade off. Here's a pix of the layout. The number one on the map is the new location with the number 4 being the old shelter.

McNairParkmap.jpg

Later this summer I'll get a food thread, mod thread and other weekend activities thread going. :cheers:

I will be a bit closer in September so I'm thinking about this one.

ohiobellboy said:
LOL,,,FH got the shelter reserved so he thought he'd toss it out a little early this year.

I got a friendly reminder from my buddy which was good otherwise I may have waited too long. This way it gives everyone plenty of time to plan!  (y)

Put me down +1

Yes, my first GTG in a long time. Hell, my first post in a long time.

Miss y'all.  :needhug:

I put in for a vacation for that weekend so hopefully we will be there!!

BigC Mich said:
I put in for a vacation for that weekend so hopefully we will Mtbe there!!
I really hope you can get 2 weekends off in a row!
DIrtyGirl and I are having our Wedding Reception/Pig Roast/Rager of a MoFo party the 2nd weekend of September (8th).
Everyone is Welcome! Amazingly good times are mandatory!
APPLY FOR YOUR PASSPORTS NOW!!!!!
If you can't make it to "GTG in the GTA" at least try to come to OUR "CELEBRATION OF LOVE"!!!!

Food thread has been started.
FOOD THREAD

Hotel info also. This is the hotel Twiggy and I will be staying at. IN NO WAY does this mean everyone needs to stay here. Just a hotel I found online. In years past, most but not all attendees that are traveling have stayed in one place. To each their own. I have not had much luck getting responses from hotels to discount a block of rooms so it's every person for themselves.  If you want to list where you're staying and what kind of prices you've found, feel free to post it to help others make their choices.

HOTEL INFO

Back