• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Traction Control Problem

Rocco2001

Okay so here we go..05 Z71 around 50 thousand miles. At a complete stop, normal take off theres a weird noise coming from the front driver side. The light comes on stating traction control active. This problem goes away once speeds reach over 15 mph. The noise i am assuming is the traction control doing its thing. This happens on a daily basis wet or dry road conditions it doesn't matter. Turn the traction control off and everything is fine no problems and no noises. Any ideas???? I know someones going to say " so just turn it off then." Don't want to, i paid for this truck and i expect things to work right. I've looked around in there a few time and have found nothing broke or leaking. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!  (y)

Have front end checked out.
could be axle shaft, cv boot etc

I'm guessing a wheel speed sensor is bad, have it scanned for codes

Was it with a tech 2 sometimes when one sensor is bad the ABS thinks it spinning and will kick the ABS on. They will have to put on a scanner then drive it to read the 4 wheel speed sensors. It probably is a dealer thing to tell you which one is bad, but that does not mean you can't change it yourself.

Have the same thing wrong with mine.No codes, just the noise.Also have a vibration in the driveline at 70 mph.The 2 problems are not related because the noise goes away when the TC is shutoff. :E:

Got the same noise with mine. It's a very audible rough grinding noise from dead stop taking off. I dis-engaged the stability controll system ( using the big button on the right side of the console, between driver and passenger seat) and then it doesn't do it.  But it sucks having to do this..but the stability controll system is somehow related to the noise obviously.

Have you got the answer? What was the problem? I have the same problem on my Avalance.

Back