• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2012 Nav/Radio Head Unit Hard Drive Capacity

Marty_OH

Does anyone know for certain what the capacity is of the hard drive in the factory Nav/Radio head unit in a 2012 Avalanche?

On the Chevrolet web site the list of features for the 2012 Avalanche in the "Technology" section states it is a 30GB hard drive.

While various Chevrolet dealership web sites and other on-line automotive web sites states it is an 80GB hard drive.

I tend to believe that the GM corporate Chevrolet web site should have the most accurate information.  But, it probably wouldn't be a first if that web site information was out of date.

Besides, I'm really hoping it is 80GB.

I "recorded" (copied) 5 full length CD's onto my Nav/Radio head unit this evening.  It seems to take about 15+/- minutes for each CD.  There is a line/bar graph that shows a 'progression' of the amount of memory used as CD's are copied to the hard drive.  The line/bar is maybe about 3 inches long on the Nav/Radio screen.  After copying the 5 CD's there is a blue colored 'bar' between 1/16" to 1/8" inch out of the 3".  This makes me believe that I should be able to copy maybe between 100-200 CD's onto the hard drive.  If so, that would be GREAT!

Any details that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I loaded (copied) 5 more CD's to my Nav/Radio head unit for a total of 10 now.

Here's a photo of the stats on the nav/radio screen (notice the "memory bar" in the lower right-hand corner):

8bc3cc21.jpg

I'm thinking a 30GB drive.

I read the information about the Hard Drive.  It is an 80 gig total, but 30 gigs are available for the user/owner.

Does anyone know how to delete all the music on the hard drive?  my 2013 had one previous owner and the drive full of music I hate.  Deleting one at a time takes forever.  :E:

How about this you can delete from Artist list or gentry

Attachments

• hddel.GIF
    hddel.GIF
    92.1 KB · Views: 51
Back