Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007 Avalanche owner! These things are fantastic!  (Read 151695 times)

wyotonka

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • WyoTonka
Re: 2007 Avalanche owner! These things are fantastic!
« Reply #375 on: April 11, 2017, 20:58:23 PM »

I'm getting a racket sound with a some clanking in that corner too now. It almost feels wheel bearing related too. The truck kind of wanders a bit more than usual. I will have to get it up in the air and see wtf is going on. Not something I want to be dealing with while we are in the middle of packing up the house to move.  :E:
well a failing bearing would heat the brakes

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

blu_fuz

« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »

Took the front brake apart last night. The rotor is pretty crusty and the rotor vents are pretty plugged up. Chunks of rust scales are falling off it. Caliper is OK. I chipped the caliper brackets clean where the brake clips go. Greased the slide pins. Cleaned off the brake clips and put it back together. Front pads have a little better than 1/2 life remaining. Based on what I see, I could use rotors and pads sooner than later.

Wheel bearing had no play and isn't making any alarming noise when I spin it......

The clacking noise is for sure from the rear drivers side now that I hung my head out the window while driving and one pad looks like it isn't sitting flat against the outside face of the caliper body. I will open that up tonight and clean/inspect it.

Hopefully just cleaning and resetting the parts will help.

EDIT: just drove around a bit on lunch with my head hanging out the window and the clacking noise is front and rear. I swear it sounded clacky, a little squeaky sometimes, and maybe like plastic. I popped off my Factory Reproduction 24's center caps off, noise is gone! WTF ahahahahaha. poopty aftermarket parts are just here to bring me down and my insanity up!

I still don't know why the steering wanders so much. The dealer will check the alignment on Tuesday and hopefully we find something and get it taken care of asap.

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2017, 14:21:10 PM »

Have you ever had to change the rack and pinion, they do wear out.
2003 2500

blu_fuz

« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2017, 09:04:15 AM »

It hasn't been changed but also hasn't come up in any inspection that it could be bad. We will see tomorrow what they say. I will mention it to them to make sure and check it.

Calicak89

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
« Reply #379 on: April 18, 2017, 08:04:57 AM »

EDIT: just drove around a bit on lunch with my head hanging out the window and the clacking noise is front and rear. I swear it sounded clacky, a little squeaky sometimes, and maybe like plastic. I popped off my Factory Reproduction 24's center caps off, noise is gone! WTF ahahahahaha. poopty aftermarket parts are just here to bring me down and my insanity up!

It's not just aftermarket, I have the same issue w/ one of my factory 20s during the winter. It drove me crazy for weeks before I figured it out. Now I put 2 small balls of that yellow Command brand poster adhesive putty stuff on the back of the center cap when I put them on in the fall to keep it from going "click,clack" all winter. it's worked for the past two years
2013 Black LTZ
2008 Judson Green LT
Way too many mods to list here
2005 Silver Birch Metallic (former)

4x4dreamer

• Have you checked your local GTG thread?
    • Facebook
« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:06 AM »

It's not just aftermarket, I have the same issue w/ one of my factory 20s during the winter. It drove me crazy for weeks before I figured it out. Now I put 2 small balls of that yellow Command brand poster adhesive putty stuff on the back of the center cap when I put them on in the fall to keep it from going "click,clack" all winter. it's worked for the past two years

I never thought of that.

Those escalade 22's are known for clacky center caps. The guys on the tahoe forum usually use clear silicone to keep them quiet.
2013 Black Diamond LTZ with plenty of mods
2018 GMC Sierra SLT Premium Plus 6.2 V8

4x4dreamer

• Have you checked your local GTG thread?
    • Facebook
« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:48 AM »

Also, as I was replying to your comment, I just remember that I never called you back...

Feel free to  :beating:

Text incoming
2013 Black Diamond LTZ with plenty of mods
2018 GMC Sierra SLT Premium Plus 6.2 V8

oih82w8

• CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member
  • Longtime Chevy owner...First time Avalanche owner
« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »

This is a seriously long time (five months) for a front end check.  :P
oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

2008 LT 5.3L; K&N air filter, Magnaflow muffler, so far...

blu_fuz

« Reply #383 on: June 17, 2019, 06:26:47 AM »

She rolled 200k last week, so I gave her a nice deep hand scrub. :o

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #384 on: June 17, 2019, 06:52:27 AM »

Man, haven't seen you around here for a while.  Glad to see you posting again.  It's looking good!  :thumbsup:

See you still have the Flex too.  Since the kids are grown, the wife wanted to downsize so we traded ours in on the baby version - a Kia Soul.   :laugh:
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

blu_fuz

« Reply #385 on: June 17, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »

Yeah I don't stop in too often anymore. Truck is still kicking, no major work since the body was fixed and I put the 22" wheels on.

Our Flex is turning into a rust bucket. Still runs ok and has about 230,000 miles. I had it listed for sale a few weeks ago for $4k. It is my winter beater now. Wife upgraded to a 2011 Kia Optima for her DD with brand new engine and turbo from Kia under recall.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.